Read Frequently Asked Questions
3-hr Virtual Seminar: Affirmative Action and the OFCCP - An In-depth Primer
It’s time to get educated about the constantly evolving obligations of government contractors. This course will explore the history of affirmative action in detail. It will discuss the key principles considered when developing the legislation and regulations that provide its framework and help attendees analyze what affirmative action means for your organization today. During the session, the instructor will highlight many new obligations emerging from President Obama’s recent series of executive orders. He will also examine and explain the OFCCP’s (Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs’) latest enforcement trends, including the new Scheduling Letter.
Why Should You Attend:
With OFCCP’s latest fiscal year closing September 30, the agency and federal contractors are looking forward to 2015. The message is clear: OFCCP is better funded, more sophisticated, and more motivated than ever to aggressively enforce affirmative action rules under EO 11246. For the contractor, it is extremely important to comply with these laws or face serious repercussions. Yet, now, more than ever, remaining OFCCP compliant can be one of the toughest challenges an organization faces. With federal employment laws and agency regulatory changes evolving at an exponential rate it is vital to stay on top of the sizable body of information.
This in depth analysis will present the history and development of affirmative action and its guiding principles so that your organization can be better positioned. The course will:
- Review the history of affirmative action where the instructor will walk through its key principles and current framework for developing compliant programs.
- Discuss the current OFCCP enforcement strategies and trends so that you are well prepared to move forward and understand your responsibilities as a contractor and how to meet the latest regulatory challenges.
- Prepare attendees in understanding what records to keep, what to watch out for, and how technology is changing the game.
- Prepare attendees for the OFCCP spotlight.
- What is affirmative action and the importance of its guiding principles
- The legal requirements for and the framework that drives affirmative action
- What the OFCCP requires of government contractors in terms of affirmative action efforts – does your current effort pass the smell test
- The focus of the OFCCP’s heightened enforcement efforts and contractor scrutiny
- Whether or not your organization is a government contractor according to the OFCCP – the answer may surprise you
- The most frequent compliance failures, why they happen, and how to avoid them
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Reviewing the history of affirmative action
- Legislative and judicial history and current trends
- The difference between EEO and AA
- The true meaning of affirmative action
- The difference between diversity and affirmative action
- Key principles of affirmative action program design
- OFCCP enforcement mandate
- Key priorities for OFCCP
- OFCCP enforcement trends
- Recent changes in enforcement guidelines including the new Scheduling Letter
- Enforcement tools used by the OFCCP when auditing your workforce program
- What is steering and is your organization at risk for doing so
- Compensation discrimination - the hot button issue for today
- New regulations - what is the OFCCP most interested in right now
- Is your outreach activity truly outreach
- The standard of compliance is good faith and what that means for your program
- Most common compliance failures
- Beware of the inference provision
- Most frequent data collection and data management failures
- Most frequent record keeping failures
Who Will Benefit:
- HR professionals
- All federal contractors including those in the health services industry as recently determined by the ALJ
- Any person within a contracting organization responsible for compliance
Cathleen Hampton has more than 25 years of experience as a human resources professional providing subject matter expertise in areas of risk and compliance, work force planning, and human capital strategy. She has a unique ability to analyze operations for risk and help maneuver cultural practices and compliance enhancements that would increase organizational outcomes. She is noted for launching new programs focused on talent acquisition and retention strategies that outpaced major competition through strong and decisive business leadership.
In 2014, President Obama signed several executive orders imposing significant new requirements on employers that do business with the federal government, either as direct prime contractors or as subcontractors. These new executive orders will require a quick review and often wide-ranging changes to your employment and human resources policies and practices. In addition, the OFCCP recently revised its Scheduling Letter and is embarking on a wave of compliance audits during which the agency will for the first time enforce the new veterans and disability regulations and continue its rapidly changing approach to investigating your pay systems for potential discrimination.
ComplianceOnline would process/provide refund if the Live Webinar has been cancelled. The attendee could choose between the recorded version of the webinar or refund for any cancelled webinar. Refunds will not be given to participants who do not show up for the webinar. On-Demand Recordings can be requested in exchange.
Webinar may be cancelled due to lack of enrolment or unavoidable factors. Registrants will be notified 24hours in advance if a cancellation occurs. Substitutions can happen any time.
If you have any concern about the content of the webinar and not satisfied please contact us at below email or by call mentioning your feedback for resolution of the matter.
We respect feedback/opinions of our customers which enables us to improve our products and services. To contact us please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-650-620-3937.
This training hasn't been reviewed yet.
Cathleen M. Hampton
3-hr Virtual Seminar - Affirmative Action Compliance and Your Recruiting Strategy: Pulling it together Affirmative Action and Compensation Programs Affirmative Action and Recent Trends within the OFCCP 3-hr Virtual Seminar: Project Management in Human Resources