Internal Audit, Fraud Risk Assessment and Risk Management Annual Plan: 2-Day Workshop
CIDA, CFE, CPA, Controller
San Francisco, CA
| Thursday, December 1, 2016 | Friday, December 2, 2016
||"Internal Audit, Fraud Risk Assessment and Risk Management Annual Plan" - This course is approved by NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy). Seminar attendees are eligible for 16.8 CPE credits upon completion of this workshop.
Performing a corporate wide Risk Assessment can seem like a daunting task for an organization. In reality, it can be done using a template and brainstorming with internal auditors, certified fraud examiners and business unit leaders throughout your organization. Understanding your Company's Risk Environment is key to having an effective Internal Audit organization, it helps to have significant experience in internal auditing and a mind for coming up with "what could go wrong" in any control environment. The corporate wide risk assessment can be performed to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of any organization with a diligent template and process for performing the assessment. This seminar will equip you with a methodology that has been utilized in a robust internal audit department for a Billion dollar revenue Corporation.
- The methodology for a successful Corporate Wide Risk Assessment Process from the perspective of an Internal Audit Department
- Different types of Risk Assessment and processes and procedures to performing it effectively - For example a Fraud Risk Assessment, an Operational Risk Assessment and a Sarbanes Oxley Risk and Control Matrix.
- Examples of different templates.
- Who the key players are in these processes.
- How to brainstorm different Audit topics within your department and company.
- Real live experiential examples and a group Case Study that we'll perform in groups in class.
Seminar Fee Includes:
USB with seminar presentation
Hard copy of presentation
$100 Gift Cert for next seminar
- The key components of a Risk Assessment and Management Program.
- The template for a risk assessment and examples of typical projects that may come up in various departments. We will spend a significant amount of time going through examples in different areas of how the template works.
- Brainstorming your industry and the unique types of projects that can be worthwhile projects.
- The methodology for successful Risk Assessment process.
- The steps involved in the Risk Assessment process, including an extensive explanation of different templates to be utilized.
- Perform a mock Risk Assessment in a team environment.
- How to perform a fraud risk assessment.
- Perform a mock fraud risk assessment in a team environment.
- Continual refinement of audit projects throughout the Audit Year.
Who will Benefit:
All professionals who want to expand their knowledge in the Risk Assessment Process for Internal Audit Groups, Operational Processes and Sarbanes Oxley Risk Matrices, including CPAs (partners, managers and staff) responsible for evaluating these areas for their clients. Additionally:
- Internal Audit personnel involved in performing the annual Risk Assessment
- Internal Audit Management interested in performing a risk assessment
- Professionals responsible for performing risk assessment duties
- Risk/Compliance Officer any industry
With an increased awareness of the effectiveness of Internal Audit organizations and the ongoing cost to organizations, an entity wide risk assessment is imperative to all organizations to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of an Audit Organization. Performing a corporate wide risk assessment is doable, and can provide internal audit and its organization a roadmap for the upcoming audit year and also provide peace of mind for having gone through the process and addressed the organizations top risks. The methodology has been utilized successfully in billion dollar industries, it is completed on an annual basis using templates that provide the mechanism for documenting the results of numerous meetings with Company Executives and all levels of Management conducted during the risk assessment process.
We are registered with and adhere to the Statement on Standards for Continuing Professional Education programs of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Our registration number is 109066. Please check with the governing body of your license and state for specific CPE requirements. Grievances may be forwarded to the company at 650 620 3961. Grievances may also be forwarded to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors-NASBA, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417, 615-880-4200, www.learningmarket.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Field of Study:
- Auditing: 16.5 CPE Credits
- Total CPE credits earned in this workshop: 16.5 CPE Credits
Program Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance Preparation/Program Prerequisites: None
|Day One (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
||Day Two (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
Registration Process: 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM
Session Start Time: 9:00 AM
- Introduction and Objectives of the Course
- What are everyone’s expectations of the next two days
- Agenda of the Course
- Risk and Control Matrices
- Uses for the Risk Assessment Process
- Why it is so important to Organizations
- Main Outline of the Corporate Wide Risk Assessment Process from Internal Audit Perspective
- Timeline of the Process
- Template for a Corporate Wide Risk Assessment
- Examples of typical Projects that may come up and how to fill the template out
- Group Activity to Practice How to Come up with Risks and Controls within a Process
- In Depth Discussion on Template to use for Corporate Wide Risk Assessment
- How to Brainstorm different Projects within your organizations
- Group Discussion on How to Brainstorm different projects within your organization
- Who to include in these discussions
- How to initiate this process, what to focus on
- The Methodology For a Successful Risk Assessment
- Who to involve, Roles and Responsibilities
- Templates involved in a Successful process
- Review of Previous Days Discussions Relevant to the Case Study.
- Comprehensive Case Study.
- Examples and Comprehensive Case Study.
- Fraud Risk Assessment (2 hrs.)
- ACFE Data on Fraud and How it can be utilized in the Process.
- The Template, the Different Columns and How to Fill Out.
- Examples and Discussion of How to brainstorm projects.
- Comprehensive Case Study.
- Examples and Comprehensive Case Study
- How to Refine the Risk Assessment and Ultimate Audit Plan throughout the year.
Meet Your Instructor
||Marna Steuart, CFE, CIDA, CPA
Marna Steuart CIDA, CFE, CPA has been in the audit industry for over twenty years. Ms. Steuart began her career with a Big Four firm as an external auditor, then as an internal auditor in several different capacities within several different industries both on her own and as a Manager of Internal Audit Services at PriceWaterhouseCoopers. Ms. Steuart obtained her Certified Fraud Examiner license in 2007 and was the main fraud investigator for five years at a large utility company. She was responsible for performing and updating the fraud risk assessment on an annual basis and conducting over fifty internal fraud investigations during her time at this organization. Ms. Steuart has leveraged her employment within the Energy industry by working in the public sector as a Rate/Financial Analyst at the Colorado Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and most recently took a Controller Position for a progressive Non-profit Company that provides Low Income Energy Assistance to this sector of the Community in Colorado. Marna is a native of Colorado and naturally loves the outdoors in both the winter, volunteering as a Nordic instructor for the National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD) and in the summer by climbing fourteeners and camping and fishing in what she refers to as "my awesome mountainous backyard called Colorado".
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "Internal Audit, Fraud Risk Assessment and Risk Management Annual Plan: 2-Day Workshop".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2479 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to Register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ email@example.com
Payment is required 2 days before the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company).
Cancellations and substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $300 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days before the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($300) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite, payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available, we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee, an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant 5 working days before the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference, you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to ComplianceOnline using these photos and videos for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline from any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
San Francisco, CA (Venue to be announced shortly)
December 1-2, 2016
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner To Do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the media partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the magazine and/or website.
- Dedicated email blast to media partner’s subscribers.
- Article on the magazine and/or website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Cruise Webster: email@example.com
call us: (207) 576-4173
Think Escape Party Bus
San Francisco Bay Area
Board a luxurious Think Escape party bus or limo and be whisked away to San Francisco's hottest nightclubs where VIP treatment brings all party bus guests to the front of the line. Planning the perfect night on the town is easy with Think Escape's fleet of luxury buses and extended vehicles, each with different amenities for socializing and transport. Think Escape's Bay Area party bus rentals include free entry into selected exclusive nightclubs, professional hostess and chauffer, in-vehicle coolers stocked with amenities for a perfect night of partying.
Alcatraz Lunch Cruise
The Alcatraz Lunch Cruise is a luxurious way to get to see some of San Francisco’s favorite sights. A gourmet lunch buffet features options like asiago Caesar salad, bay shrimp salad, roasted chicken, garlic-herb roasted new potatoes and more. While guests enjoy lunch, they can take in views of San Francisco Bay’s flora and fauna, Angel Island and Alcatraz, and a live narration explores the history of Alcatraz. Please note that this tour doesn’t stop on Alcatraz Island.
Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise
A relaxing way to explore the San Francisco Bay is with the Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise. A drink bar and snacks are available for travelers’ enjoyment as they travel under the Golden Gate Bridge, around Alcatraz Island and even past a colony of sea lions. This is a peaceful San Francisco cruise option for families, and children under 5 ride for free.
City Kayak, located on San Francisco's Embarcadero close to the San Francisco Giant's ATT Park, offers a great way to experience San Francisco from Bay level, a point of view and a unique experience you'll not soon forget.
Think Escape Casino Tour
San Francisco Bay Area
San Franciscans may be familiar with Think Escape's party buses that shuttle the late-night crowds to and from various city nightclubs, but the Cache Creek Casino Escape is a little-known gem among Bay Area destinations. With personal charter service on the luxurious Fantasy Limo Bus to Cache Creek Casino and Resort, the Cache Creek Casino Escape tour is a smart choice for San Franciscans looking for a little gaming fun or planning a large group activity