Managing an Effective AML Compliance Program: 2-day In-Person Seminar
Laura H. Goldzung, President and Founder of AML Audit Services, LLC
| Thursday, December 1, 2016 | Friday December 2, 2016
||ComplianceOnline AML Seminar is Certified for CAMS and CPE Credits
The Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist ® (ACAMS) has certified our seminar on Managing an Effective AML Compliance Program for a total of twelve (12) CAMS credits, as has the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) for seventeen (17) CPE credits.
Are the financial transactions within your organization subject to money laundering risk? Do you have a robust internal controls program that focuses on mitigating the greatest AML/Fraud risks? Are your employees aware of the red flags within all financial transaction business processes and know what to do if they find unusual or suspicious activity? Are your company and management are up to date on its compliance requirements and the potential impact of non-compliance?
Whether you need to get back-to-basics or you are a seasoned AML professional, join us as we explore the many facets of managing an effective AML compliance program: Join us as we focus on the following key elements:
- Regulatory frameworks surrounding anti-money laundering
- Objectives of an effective AML compliance program
- Risk assessing your institution
- Developing robust internal controls
- Training for appropriate personnel
- Expectations and duties of the appointed compliance officer
- Effective audit program to ensure adequacy of your AML compliance program
Key goals of this course are:
- To provide an understanding of money laundering and how it can impact an institution
- To review the importance of “tone at the top” and how to implement a compliance-friendly environment
- To learn about the critical internal controls and how these controls can protect your institution
- The course will focus on the 4 pillars of an AML compliance program:
- Policies, procedures and internal controls
- Designation of a compliance officer
- Training for appropriate personnel
- Independent audit
- To understand the importance of the risk assessment
- To focus on the senior management/board of directors oversight of the Program
- To discuss customer due diligence and know your customer expectations
- To discuss knowing your high risk customers
- To review implementation steps for enhanced customer due diligence
- To discuss red flags indicating unusual or suspicious activity
- To understand detection and reporting requirements under the Bank Secrecy Act
- To discuss recent case studies
Seminar Fee Includes:
USB with seminar presentation
Hard copy of presentation
$100 Gift Cert for next seminar
Who Will Benefit:
BSA/AML Officers, Compliance Officers, AML Analysts, Operations Managers, Remittance Analysts, Consultants, Internal Auditors, Accounting and Finance Directors, Internal Auditors, Legal Departments, Compliance Officers, and Risk Managers at Banks, Broker-Dealers, Residential Mortgage Lenders & Originators, Precious Gems Traders, Money Services Businesses and other nonbank financial institutions.
- Risk Management
Advance Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group-Live
We are registered with and adhere to the Statement on Standards for Continuing Professional Education programs of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Our registration number is 109066. Please check with the governing body of your license and state for specific CPE requirements. Grievances may be forwarded to the company at Ph: 650 620 3961; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Grievances may also be forwarded to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors-NASBA, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417, 615-880-4200, www.nasba.org, e-mail email@example.com.
Members of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists have the opportunity to earn a total of 12 CAMS credits. For more information please visit www.ACAMS.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org..
Field of Study:
- Administrative Practice: 1.2 Credits
- Auditing: 0.6 Credit
- Business Management & Organization: 7.8 Credits
- Communications: 2 Credits
- Computer Science: 1.8 Credits
- Personnel/HR: 0.6 Credit
- Social Environment of Business: 1 Credit
- Specialized Knowledge and Applications:2 Credits
- Total CPE credits earned in this seminar: 17 CPE Credits
Program Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Basic
Advance Preparation/Program Prerequisites: None
|Day One (8:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
||Day Two (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
Registration Process: 8.30 AM - 9.00 AM
Session Start Time: 9.00 AM
9.00 AM - 12.00 PM: Understanding the Basics (3 Hours)
- Money Laundering Basics
- Regulatory Overview
- U.S. Federal Regulating Agencies
- History of U.S. Money Laundering Regulation
- Bank Secrecy Act
- USA PATRIOT Act
- U.S. Federal Statutes
- Role of Regulators & Expectations
- The Four Pillars
- Policies, procedures & internal controls
- Appointment of Compliance Officer
- AML Training
- Independent Testing
- Oversight & Management
- “Tone at the Top”
- AML Governance
- Compliance Task Force
- Fostering Partnerships in LOBs
12.00 - 1.00 PM: Lunch
1.00 PM - 4.30 PM: Managing Money Laundering Risk (3.5 hours)
- Developing a Risk Assessment
- Identifying high risk activities in the institution
- Knowing your high risk customers
- Customer Identification Program (CIP)
- Conducting Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
- Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD)
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) & Sanctions Programs
- Multinational Issues
- History of Economic Sanctions Programs
- Screening tools
- Hits – Blocking & Rejecting
- OFAC Risk Assessments
- OFAC Reporting & Documentation
- Enforcement Guidelines
8.30 AM - 8.35 AM: Welcome & Recap of Previous Topics
8.35 AM- 10.35 AM: Monitoring & Reporting of Suspicious Activities (2 Hours)
12.00 PM - 12.45 PM: Lunch
- Transaction Monitoring
- Manual Vs. Automated
- Managing & Fine Tuning Alerts
- Investigate Protocols
- Defining Suspicious Activity
- Escalation & Referrals
- Case Management
- Reporting & Recordkeeping
- CTR & CTR Exemptions
- Travel Rule / Funds Transfers
- Monetary Instruments
- Form 8300
10.35 - 11.15 PM: Repercussions (40-Minutes)
- Failure to Comply
- Criminal & Civil Penalties
- Common Deficiencies Causing Enforcement
11.15-12.00 PM: Case Studies (45-Minutes)
- Case Studies
- What Went Wrong?
- Contrast & Compare
1.00 PM - 1.45 PM: Issues & Answers: Open Discussion (45-Minutes)
1.45 PM - 4.15 PM: Workshop & Exercises (150 minutes)
4.15 PM - 4.30 PM: Wrap Up
Meet Your Instructor
||Laura H. Goldzung
President and Founder of AML Audit Services, LLC
Laura H. Goldzung, CAMS, CFE, CFCS, CCRP is the President and Founder of AML Audit Services, LLC (“AMLAS”), a boutique consultancy specializing in independent testing of anti-money laundering compliance programs for bank and nonbank institutions, and serves as its principal examiner. In addition, her expertise includes custom training, and compliance consulting services, which includes design Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Fraud compliance programs, custom training, and compliance consulting services.
In a career spanning more than 35 years across multiple sectors of the financial services industry, Ms. Goldzung has worked in a variety of executive leadership roles. Since founding AMLAS, she has co-created sector-specific compliance officer certification programs and tours internationally presenting various AML/Fraud topics for industry-leading organizations, and has authored a number of articles on the topic of AML. Ms. Goldzung has worked with financial institutions that have been referred to enforcement for BSA/AML violations, helping them to bring their AML programs into compliance.
Ms. Goldzung serves as a dispute resolution arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and contributes to multiple industry programs. She is active with several industry groups including the Association of Certified AML Specialists, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Association of Certified Financial Crime Specialists, National Society of Compliance Professionals, SIFMA Compliance & Legal Society and Institute of Internal Auditors. She serves on a variety of industry task forces and committees, and contributes to a number of compliance, industry and university education programs.
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "Managing an Effective AML Compliance Program: 2-day In-Person Seminar".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2479 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to Register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ email@example.com
Payment is required 2 days before the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company).
Cancellations and substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $150 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days before the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($150) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite, payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available, we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee, an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant 5 working days before the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference, you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to ComplianceOnline using these photos and videos for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline from any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
Phoenix, AZ (Venue to be announced shortly)
December 1-2, 2016
All topics were valuable. Laura was an excellent presenter. She has lot of excellent practical job experience in AML and gave good real life examples from her own experience. I learned a lot! Very nice portfolio and pen provided. Also the presentation on thumb drive was nice one. I appreciate the variety of courses (On-line & In- Person) provided by ComplianceOnline.
- Senior Auditor, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
The presenter was very knowledgeable with the topic. Risk assessment topic was very valuable because it is the cornerstone of an effective AML program.
- Audit Manager, American International Group
The presenter was excellent session leader, very knowledgeable and well-spoken. The topic was well chosen and interaction between the participants and the presenter was good.
- Assistant Treasurer, Cumberland Gulf Group of Companies
The presenter was very knowledgeable and subjects were well chosen.
- AML/BSA/OFAC Officer, GE Capital Retail Bank
Overall it was good seminar. The topic AML monitoring was very valuable as it pertains to my job function.
- Senior BSA/AML Analyst, AVP, Texas Capital Bank
The presenter was knowledgeable. The topic on Oversight & Management was most valuable; it gave me a big picture.
- Branch Manager, Bank of China, Chicago Branch
It was good seminar. The topic on reporting forms was most valuable.
- Deputy Chief Compliance Officer, American International Group
It was a good baseline. All topics were very valuable and informative.
- Senior Product Manager, ACI Worldwide
The presenter was very knowledgeable. Understanding the basic topic was very informative.
- Lead - Business Risk & Fraud Analyst, Federal Reserve Bank
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner To Do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the media partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the magazine and/or website.
- Dedicated email blast to media partner’s subscribers.
- Article on the magazine and/or website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Cruise Webster: email@example.com
call us: (207) 576-4173
Downtown Phoenix offers something for everyone including, museums, performing arts venues and a thriving art scene as well as a large sports presence. Chase Field is home to the Arizona Diamondbacks and the US Airways Center is home to the Phoenix Suns, the Phoenix Mercury, the Arizona Rattlers and the Phoenix Roadrunners.
METRO Light Rail Transportation
METRO is now open and operating with traffic in the cities of Phoenix, Tempe and Mesa. At any time of the day or night, you can find yourself near an operating light rail vehicle or a METRO train consisting of two or three vehicles connected together.
MLB Spring Training
The Cactus League has been an Arizona tradition for over a half-century. What began as a two-team league in 1947 has grown to twelve Major League Baseball teams playing in seven cities throughout the state. The league's popularity is at an all-time high with games scheduled every day in March. The Cactus League offers baseball enthusiasts an excellent opportunity to enjoy their favorite teams in fan-friendly, state-of-the-art ballparks.
Be sure to bring your camera as the desert offers spectacular sunsets and beautiful scenery year round.
Red Rock State Park in Sedona (110 miles) is an open-sky theatre of fabulous rock formations. Sprawled across 286 unspoiled acres, this popular park is the perfect starting point for hiking, picnicking, bird watching and photography.
Cathedral Rock in Sedona is 110 miles away and offers a great hiking trail for the adventurous. Cathedral Rock, also known as 'Lovers', was thought to be created by the Great Spirit. A couple of lovers, who always argued, were asked by Him to look around at the beautiful surroundings and count their blessings. The couple was believed to never argue thereafter and stands in perfect harmony.