Read Frequently Asked Questions
3-hr Virtual Seminar: Auditing and Administrating Human Resource Policies and Practices
This HR compliance virtual event will discuss about HR risk assessment, Recordkeeping, Retention and Destruction, Selecting and Administering Employment Policies, Legal Interviewing and Hiring Practices, Performance Management, Documenting and Handling Disciplinary Actions and Terminations.
Why Should You Attend:
This 3-hour HR compliance course provides information and techniques for handling human resources practices legally and effectively. Beginning with an overall audit of human resources practices, this webinar covers overall legal requirements, employment policies, employee record maintenance, employment practices, performance management, discipline and terminations. Each section will give proactive measures and best practices to assure the organization has equitable and effective human resource management.
- To learn key areas of an HR Audit, what should be covered and how it should be managed
- To comply with the laws and regulations governing human resources administration
- To understand HR record-keeping obligations and responsibilities
- To create, communicate and establish effective and legal policies
- To build a stronger and better organization with information gained through auditing your HR procedures and practices
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
Module 1: HR Risk Assessment
This session covers auditing human resources practices for compliance and identifying and addressing areas that may not comply with applicable laws and/or company policy.
- Staffing the Organization
- Legal Postings
- Salary Administration
- Payroll and Taxes
- Orientation, Training and Development
- Employee Relations and Communications
- Record Maintenance
Module 2: Recordkeeping, Retention and Destruction of Records
This session reviews where and how long records should be kept and when and how they should be destroyed in order to stay in compliance.
- Where Records Should Be Kept
- What Belongs in a Personnel File
- Legal Records
- Payroll and Taxes
- Back- up Systems
- Documenting Oral and Electronic Communications
- Critical Incidence Files
- Record Maintenance
- Security of Files
- Archive Methods
Module 3: Selecting and Administering Employment Policies
This session gives an overview of what policies should be included in a company policy manual and how they are communicated and updated.
- Basic Policies
- Legal Policies
- Company Mission/Vision/Values
- Specific Policies For Type of Business/Organization
- Relationships – Employer, Employees, Public
- Communicating and Administering Policy Fairly and Consistently
- Sign-Off Statements
- Rights of Employer and Employee
Module 4: Legal Interviewing and Hiring Practices
This session covers the interviewing and selection process from the perspective of compliance to applicable employment laws as well as making the best choices for your organization.
- Writing Legal Employment Ads
- Setting Specifications and Competencies Required for Positions
- Questions You May Ask and Questions that Are Illegal
- Behavior-Based and Competency-Based Interviewing Techniques
- Candidate Evaluation
- Affirmative Action Plan Goals and Measuring “Adverse Impact”
- References and Background Checks
- Additional Information Obtained after the Employment Offer
Module 5: Performance Management
This session covers performance evaluation methods and techniques to assess employee performance, write an evaluation, set goals and standards and conduct a performance evaluation interview.
- Setting Performance Criteria and Standards
- Legally Writing and Conducting Performance Reviews
- Coaching the Best Performance from Employees
- Setting Goals and Plans for Improvement
- Adding Value to Both Employer and Employee through Performance Evaluation
Module 6: Documenting and Handling Disciplinary Actions and Terminations
This session covers discipline policies, standards of conduct, and the process of counseling and progressive discipline, up to and including termination. It will also cover performance improvement plans and monitoring progress and the legal aspects of discipline and discharge.
- Effective Counseling and Discipline Policies
- Objectives of Discipline
- Documentation of Substandard Performance and Inappropriate Behavior
- Standards of Conduct and Consequences of Not Following Them
- Tracking Performance and Documenting Results
- Coaching and Counseling Employees
- Performance Improvement Plans
- Determining when Termination Is Necessary and Handling Termination
Who Will Benefit:
- Vice Presidents, Directors, & Managers of Human Resources
- Employment Managers
- Employee Relations Professionals
- Chief Talent Officers
- HR Coordinators/Supervisors
- HR Administrators
- HR Analysts
ComplianceOnline would process/provide refund only if the Live Webinar has been cancelled. The attendee could choose between the recorded version of the webinar or refund for any cancelled webinar. Refunds will not be given to participants who do not show up for the webinar. On-Demand Recordings can be requested in exchange. Webinar may be cancelled due to lack of enrolment or unavoidable factors. Registrants will be notified 24hours in advance if a cancellation occurs."
For substitution, please email email@example.com or call +1-650-620-3937.
This training hasn't been reviewed yet.
No Harassment: No Excuse! How to Prevent Workplace Harassment Finding the Keys to Performance Management Interviewing and Hiring in Compliance with Federal and State Laws Auditing the Human Resource Function