Auditing Human Resources and Assuring Compliance in Administration
Marna Hayden, Founder and President of Hayden Resources Inc.
Coming soon.. Please contact customer care for new schedule
The modern workplace can be a challenging one to administer for even the most seasoned human resources professional if she or he doesn’t possess the proper tools and processes to ensure HR compliance across the organization. This one and half a day in-person seminar will provide an over view of auditing human resource functions and assuring compliance in administration.
This interactive course will begin with an overall audit of human resource practices and continues the second day to provide information and techniques for handling human resources policies and practices legally and effectively. Participants will learn how to do a HR risk assessment and the regulatory requirements for employee recordkeeping. The course will also provide a comprehensive understanding of the legal requirements involved in formulating and implementing employment policies and practices such as hiring, performance management, disciplining employees and terminations.
The course will provide proactive measures and best practices to make sure that an organization has equitable and effective human resource management.
- How to do HR risk assessment and management
- Labor laws and HR legal requirements
- What are the employments policies and practices
- Employee record keeping
- Performance management process
- Administrative compliance
Who will Benefit:
- Vice Presidents, Directors & Managers of Human Resources
- Employment Managers, Employee Relations Professionals
- Chief Talent Officers and Recruiters
- HR Administrators
- Training Directors
- Auditors and Financial Officers
- Line Managers
- HR Consultants
|Day One(8:30 AM – 5:15 PM)
||Day Two(8:30 AM – 12:00 PM)
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Registration
- 9:00 a.m. – Seminar Start
- 9:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. – Welcome and Introductions
- 9:15 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. – Human Resource Risk Assessment: Auditing Your Human Resources Practices
This session covers auditing human resources practices for compliance and identifying and addressing areas that may not comply with applicable laws and/or company policy.
- Staffing the Organization
- Legal Postings
- Salary Administration
- Payroll and Taxes
- Orientation, Training and Development
- Employee Relations and Communications
- An Overview of Labor Laws
- 10:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – Break
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. – Understanding and Complying with Labor Laws
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Recordkeeping: Retention and Destruction of Records
This session reviews where and how long records should be kept and when and how they should be destroyed in order to stay in compliance.
- Record Maintenance
- What Belongs in a Personnel File
- Legal Records
- Payroll and Taxes
- Back- up Systems
- Security of Files
- Archive Methods
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Luncheon
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Selecting, Writing and Administering Employment Policies
This session gives an overview of what policies should be included in a company policy manual and how they are communicated and updated.
- Basic Policies
- Legal Policies
- Company Mission/Vision/Values
- Specific Policies For Type of Business/Organization
- Relationships – Employer, Employees, Public
- Communicating and Administering Policy Fairly and Consistently
- Sign-Off Statements
- Rights of Employer and Employee
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. – Break
- 3:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Legal and Successful Interviewing and Hiring Practices
This session covers the interviewing and selection process from the perspective of compliance to applicable employment laws as well as making the best choices for your organization.
- Writing Legal Employment Ads
- Setting Specifications and Competencies Required for Positions
- Questions You May Ask and Questions that Are Illegal
- Behavior-Based and Competency-Based Interviewing Techniques
- Candidate Evaluation
- Affirmative Action Plan Goals and Measuring “Adverse Impact”
- References and Background Checks
- Additional Information Obtained after the Employment Offer
Mock Interviews: This session gives participants an opportunity to put theory into practice.
- 5:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. – Questions and Answers
- 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – Performance Management: Pros and Cons of Types of Evaluations, Measuring Performance and Writing Reviews
This session covers different performance evaluation methods and techniques to assess employee performance, and how to write an evaluation, set performance standards and goals.
- Selecting the Best Method for your Organization
- Setting Performance Criteria and Standards
- Keeping Critical Incident Files
- Legally Writing and Conducting Performance Reviews
- Coaching the Best Performance from Employees
- Setting Goals and Plans for Improvement
- Adding Value to Both Employer and Employee through Performance Evaluation
Conducting Performance Review Interviews: This session gives participants the experience of conducting a performance evaluation interview.
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. – Break
- 10:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Documenting and Handling Disciplinary Actions and Terminations
This session covers discipline policies, standards of conduct, and the process of counseling and progressive discipline, up to and including termination. It will also cover performance improvement plans, monitoring progress and the legal aspects of discipline and discharge.
- Objectives of Discipline
- Effective Counseling and Discipline Policies
- Documentation of Substandard Performance, Inappropriate Behavior and Attendance
- Standards of Conduct and Consequences of Not Following Them
- Tracking Substandard Performance and Documenting Results
- Coaching and Counseling Employees
- Performance Improvement Plans
- Determining when Termination Is Necessary and Handling Terminations
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Final Questions and Answers and Conclusion
Meet Your Instructor
Founder and President, Hayden Resources Inc
Marna Hayden is founder and president of Hayden Resources Inc. She has 30+ years in the field of human resource management and is certified as a senior professional in human resources (SPHR). Hayden Resources Inc. provides management and human resources consulting and outsourcing services to small businesses and nonprofits, and specialized services and training to larger organizations. Hayden has held senior offices in the banking, retail, and service industries and is an adjunct faculty member for DeSales University.
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "Auditing Human Resources and Assuring Compliance in Administration".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2479 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your Registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ email@example.com
Payment is required before 2 days of the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. ( our parent company)
Cancellations and Substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $150 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days from the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($150) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and Documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant before 5 working days from the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to use these photos and videos by ComplianceOnline for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline for any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media Partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner to do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the Media Partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the Magazine and/or Website.
- Dedicated email blast to all subscribers of Media Partner.
- Article on the Magazine and/or Website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Cruise Webster: email@example.com
call us: (207) 576-4173
Located in the heart of Houston's Downtown Theater District, this 130,000 square foot entertainment megaplex is comprised of theaters, bars, lounges, and restaurants. Start the evening off with dinner at the legendary Hard Rock Café or the authentic Italian trattoria, Mingalone. Enjoy box office hits or catch the latest indie flick at the Angelika Film Center followed by drinks and dancing at ROCBAR, Houston's largest rock and roll nightclub.
The Galleria Houston, Texas's largest mall, is an upscale shopping mall centrally located just outside the 610 loop in Houston's Uptown District. The retail center is anchored by Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue, and occupies such high-end tenants as Tiffany and Co., Dior, Louis Vuitton, and Yves Saint Laurent. The mall is also home to two separate Westin hotels.
Johnson Space Center
The Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center, home of the NASA astronaut corps, is located in Southeast Houston. The center spans 1,620 acres and consists of 100 facilities. Tourists can experience a simulation of a zero-gravity environment in the Living in Space exhibit or encounter a virtual rocket launch complete with exhaust at the Blast Off Theater.
Sheltering over 4,500 animals and 900 species, The Houston Zoo is the 7th most visited zoo in the nation. Spend the day strolling through the facility's beautifully landscaped grounds or enjoy a more hands-on encounter by scheduling a guided tour. Tour experiences range from feeding a lion cub to shadowing a staff veterinarian for an entire day.
The Houston Museum District refers to the collection of museums, galleries, and cultural centers located within a 1.5 mile radius of Herman Park. The Museum of Fine Arts which also houses the Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens, boasts a collection of over 56,000 pieces. Just a few blocks away is the John P. McGovern Health Museum which is home to Houston's first and only 4D theater. Other area attractions include the Holocaust Museum, Houston Center for Photography, and the Lawndale Art Center.
Since the closing of Six Flags Astroworld, Kemah Boardwalk is now Houston's nearest and largest amusement/entertainment park. Largely occupied by hotels and restaurants, Kemah Boardwalk is an ideal place to entertain the entire family. Dining options include Landry's Seafood House, the Cadillac Bar, and Saltgrass Steakhouse. Attractions such as a Ferris wheel, train ride, and a carousel are all individually priced.
This family water park is located in North Houston (there's also a location in Galveston) and features several slides, a wild wave pool, and a lazy river. Younger guests can visit Crocodile Isle, a fully interactive children's play area complete with a pirate ship and kid-friendly slides.
The Neighborhood of Montrose
One of Houston's most demographically diverse regions, Montrose has become the city's hub of vintage shopping, live music, and gay and lesbian activism. Restored mansions and bungalows, tree-lined boulevards, and an antique mall make this neighborhood a unique, pedestrian-friendly tourist spot.
Discover over 400 species of marine life and dine alongside a 150,000 gallon two-story tank at Downtown Aquarium. Witness White Tigers lounging about, pet a stingray, or go on an exhilarating train ride through the Shark Voyage. Wrap up the evening by feast on seafood entrees, steaks, and decadent desserts.
Old Town Spring
Located in North Houston, Old Town Spring is a community of shops, restaurants, and museums designed to resemble America during the early 1900's. Enjoy a nostalgic walk through the town's many Victorian-style antique shops, or catch a live music performance at the Jailhouse Saloon. Lodging options include two hotels and an RV resort.