Read Frequently Asked Questions
3-hr Virtual Seminar: Auditing the Human Resource Function
This 3-hr virtual seminar will cover areas where human resources should be especially vigilant in times of complex labor laws, changing environments and reorganization of the workforce. We will discuss “hot spots” and specific areas at risk to be sure they are addressed as well as new laws which must be followed, giving added advice to anticipate future needs and obligations.
Why Should You Attend:
This session will cover areas where human resources should be especially vigilant in times of complex labor laws, changing environments and reorganization of the workforce. Responsibility lies heavily on Human Resources professionals to avoid any action or inaction which might present problems or liability for an organization. They must also take proactive measures to assure their organization has equitable and effective management and the correct talent necessary to advance the organization and execute its business plan.
The presentation will concentrate on “hot spots” to be sure they are addressed as well as new laws which must be followed, giving added advice to anticipate future needs and obligations.
The presenter will detail specific areas at risk and provide preventative actions to eliminate or minimize problems or future liability.
- To determine who is responsible for performing an HR Audit.
- To understand reasons for having periodic HR Audits.
- To learn key areas of an HR Audit and what should be covered.
- To understand how to use information gained through auditing your procedures and practices to build a stronger and better organization.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Determining responsibilities in Human Resources.
- Recordkeeping and employee files.
- Labor laws by company size.
- Selection and hiring; preventing adverse impact.
- Legal interviewing.
- The business case for diversity.
- Most common discrimination complaints and how to avoid them.
- Managing FMLA, ADA, Workers Compensation, COBRA, HIPAA and GINA.
- Addressing areas where multiple laws apply.
- Performance management programs that work.
- Measuring and documenting performance using your review system.
- Designing and implementing compensation policies and practices.
- Merit Pay and bonuses.
- Policies on promotions, transfers, layoffs and terminations.
- Coaching, counseling, discipline.
- Unemployment compensation.
- Training and development.
- Management succession planning.
- Knowledge transfer and procedural manuals.
- Employee relations and transparency: information employees should know.
- Handling confidential issues.
- Communicating change.
Who Will Benefit:
- Vice Presidents, Directors, & Managers of Human Resources
- HR Administrators /Employment and Employee Relations Managers/ Recruiters
- Auditors, Financial Managers and Analysts
Marna Hayden is founder and president of Hayden Resources Inc., a consulting firm that specializes in providing management and human resources services to small and mid-size businesses and nonprofits, and specialized services and training to larger organizations. She has thirty + years in the field of human resources and has held senior offices in the banking, retail, and service industries as well as serving as an adjunct faculty member at several colleges and universities. She is certified as a senior professional in human resources (SPHR & SHRM-SCP).
ComplianceOnline would process/provide refund if the Live Webinar has been cancelled. The attendee could choose between the recorded version of the webinar or refund for any cancelled webinar. Refunds will not be given to participants who do not show up for the webinar. On-Demand Recordings can be requested in exchange.
Webinar may be cancelled due to lack of enrolment or unavoidable factors. Registrants will be notified 24hours in advance if a cancellation occurs. Substitutions can happen any time.
If you have any concern about the content of the webinar and not satisfied please contact us at below email or by call mentioning your feedback for resolution of the matter.
We respect feedback/opinions of our customers which enables us to improve our products and services. To contact us please email email@example.com or call +1-888-717-2436(Toll Free).
No Harassment: No Excuse! How to Prevent Workplace Harassment Finding the Keys to Performance Management Interviewing and Hiring in Compliance with Federal and State Laws Auditing the Human Resource Function