Root Cause Analysis and CAPA using 8-D Problem Solving Method
Robert Jasper, ISO Quality Management Auditor, Founder, The Art of Quality Consulting
Coming soon.. Please contact customer care for new schedule
Errors are costly. To fix errors systematically, there are Reporting and Problem-Solving Technique (8-D Reporting and A-3 Reporting in connection with the PDCA-Cycle), which not only address the symptoms, but also identify the causes for quick response and fact based decision making to remedy the cause. Sustainable error prevention and complaint processing based on the 8-D Problem Solving Technique and A-3 Reporting method are used in many industries as a popular structured method to continuously improve products, but also any kind of organizational processes, as it puts focus on sustainable error prevention and complaint handling excellence.
In this comprehensive hands on workshop you will learn how to keep better track of all of corrective and preventive actions and create process to cease repetition of these problems. How to turn defects and problems into Opportunities for Improvement and communicate that throughout the organization. Instructor/trainer will cover all aspects of Problem solving during "Hands on" group exercises and train participants in how to use 8-D Reporting for Quality Improvement projects. Seminar Participants will also be trained on a variety of Six Sigma methods like Value Stream Mapping to drive immediate and effective quality improvement in their product and/or service quality environment inclusive how to establish and use a A-3 Project Reporting Storyboard.
All participants, in order to exercise "learning by doing" and get "Hands-on" experience on crafting 8-D Reports and A-3 Reports based on instructor corrections and advise for highest affectivity of learning outcome and immediate application on every participants work environment. Managers who are concerned about their next ISO audit and want to provide proper corrective action documentation will achieve the following training benefits:
- How to successfully apply the 8-D method in your company or organization in conjunction with the PDCA cycle and methods for fault cause analysis (Fishbone diagram, 5 Why etc.).
Register Now and get below for FREE:
- Valuable 8-D Reporting worksheet handouts for effective development of the 8-D Reporting structure
- LICENSE of 8-D Problem Solving Software (MS Access based 8-D Software License
- SW zip file on USB or CD in Day 1)
- Additional valuable Forms/Records templates (Excel format) for easy customization of professional 8-D Reporting and Quality Improvement activities
All learning materials are developed by ISO experts experienced in Quality Management System training based on Six Sigma quality improvement methodologies.
- How to establish permanent corrective and preventive actions by using the 8-D standard process to solve problems and communicate lessons learned across the organization, helping teams to become more efficient and effective.
- How to identify the symptoms, and how to implement emergency response actions which will protect the internal and external Customers from adverse effects to improve Customer Satisfaction.
- Understand principles of PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) and Six Sigma key concepts of problem solving and quality improvement (DMAIC-Cycle)
- New ! How to prepare a professional 8-D or 9-D (Risk/Safety) Problem Solving/Corrective Action Report based on new “risk based thinking” requirements of the ISO 9001:2015
- Comprehensive instructions on the 8-D Reporting Problem Solving Methodology, How to craft 8-D Reports and A-3 Reports. How to exercise quality improvement project reporting based on the A-3 Storyboard, apply 8-D Reporting for quality improvement.
- Understand how to apply key problem-solving tools in each phase of the 8D Problem Solving Process, including an introduction of Pareto Chart, Histogram, Run Chart, 5 Whys, Value Stream Mapping, Process Flow Charts, Fishbone Diagram, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, and other Six Sigma based quality improvement methods.
- How to create the appropriate enterprise-specific requirements for successful Problem Solving to drive Quality Improvement within the A-3 Reporting method.
- How to prevent defects from "escaping" at your location.
- How to address issues based on the official Quality Body of Knowledge (QBOK®) while gaining insights in immediate applicable sophisticated quality improvement techniques based on the Six Sigma methodology to make your customer more satisfied.
- How to generate and effectively present 8D, 9D, 4M, and 5Y reports to customers
- How to tie all your supporting documents (SCARS, pictures, Failure Analysis) into one Quality Improvement Report
- How to monitor customer satisfaction and costs per corrective action (COQ – Cost of Quality)
Who will Benefit:
- Quality Managers
- Quality Professionals/Consultants
- ISO Coordinators/Quality Management Representatives
- Corrective Action Coordinators/Representatives
- Internal Auditors, Engineers and Supervisors involved in Quality Improvement
- Management Decision Makers, CEO's, who want to start to implement quality improvement activities
- Anyone interested in the latest quality improvement tools and methods compliant to ISO 9001:2015
- All industries and public sectors decision makers
Seminar Fee Includes:
USB with seminar presentation
Hard copy of presentation
$100 Gift Cert for next seminar
|Day One (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
||Day Two (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
8:30-8:45 : Meet & Greet
8:45-10:00 : Introduction to 8-D Problem Solving
- Roles of 8-D Problem Solving Team
- Learn and understand each step of the 8-D Problem Solving Process
- D0: Plan
- D1: Establish the Team
- D2: Describe the Problem
- D3: Develop an Interim Containment Action
- D4: Define & Verify Root Cause
- D5: Choose & Verify Permanent Corrective Action
- D6: Implement & Validate Permanent Corrective Action
- D7: Prevent Recurrence
- D8: Recognize the Team
10:00-11:30 : Learn how to use 8-D Analysis and Reporting
- Improve your corrective action system by spending less time writing corrective actions reports
- How to keep all of your 8D, 9D, 4M, and 5Y reports in one place
- Easy formatting final 8D, 9D, 4M and 5Y reports / all supporting documents (SCARS, pictures, Failure Analysis) into one report
- How to collect metrics on your corrective action system
- How to monitor costs per corrective action, unique codes or customer
- How to monitor customer satisfaction
- Use prepared 8D, 4M, and 5Y templates to solve your problems
- Use your own company terminology for the field names
11:30-12:00 : Quality Management System Implementation based on ISO 9001:2015
Installation of 8-D Analysis Software Application on Computer/Laptop of seminar participants (For practice and to take home)
(Participants will receive complimentary MS Access based FREE LICENSE of 8-D Problem Solving Software on zip file or USB or CD)
1:00-2:00 : Learn how to use 8-D Analysis and Reporting for Quality Improvement
- Common Tools for 8D Problem Solving (Cause & Effect, 5-Why, Pareto Charts, Histogram, Value Stream Mapping, etc.)
- Critical Success Factors to understand how to use the problem solving tools in the 8D process
- Learn how to align 8-D Reports to Quality Improvement projects to drive key quality performance measures and goals
2:00-3:00 : 8-D Analysis for problem solving - Software maneuvering practice
- Create and edit an 8D, 9D, 4M or 5Y report
- Find old reports for a given customer
- Distinguish between internal and external 8D reports
- Distinguish between open and closed 8D reports
- Track all actions for each of the 8 or 9 disciplines
- See a history of your 8D actions
- Quickly see all open actions for all 8D reports
- Create an 8D / 5Y report based on a previous 8D / 5Y report
- Quickly monitor dates for closure, due, containment, and corrective action
3:00-3:30 : Advanced Application of 8-D Cost Analysis
- Create pareto for costs by customer and corrective action
- Print a blank 8D, 9D, 4M, or 5Y template to assign action items
3:30-4:30: 8-D Analysis exercises / Case Study / Best Practice
8:30-9:00 : Introduction to Problem Solving
- Methods to Increase Productivity
- Three sources of Productivity Loss
- Impact of Problem Solving
- Problem Solving Philosophy
- Benefits of Problem Solving
9:00-10:00 : Concept of Problem Solving Teams
- Philosophy & Objectives of Problem Solving Team
- Fundamentals of Problem Solving Activities
- Problem Solving Team’s Maxims
- Organizational Roles
- Ingredients for Problem Solving Team Success
10:00-10:30 : Overview of Process Management
- Process Ownership
- Process Definition & Documentation
- Process Measurement
- Process Improvement
- Process Control
10:30-11:00 : PDCA Approach to 8-D Problem Solving
- Problem Solving Techniques
- The PDCA Approach
- 8-D Reporting Problem Solving Process – Step-by-step (Exercises and Case Study)
- Example & Practice Tips
11:00-12:00 : Problem Solving Tools
- Seven Basic Problem Solving Tools
- Introduction on the Six Sigma Approach (DMAIC)
- Value Stream Mapping and other Basic Tools
- Practice Tips
- Other Useful Tools
- Common Mistakes and Critical Success Factors in Quality Improvement
12:00-1:00 : Lunch
1:00-2:00 : Project Reporting Using A3 Storyboard
- Introduction to A3 Storyboard Reporting
- Relationship Between PDCA and the A3 Storyboard
- Steps of A3 Storyboarding
2:00-4:00 : 8-D Reporting and A-3 Reporting active exercises
Quality Improvement Worksheets / Excel templates distribution to participants
Q&A (No question left out)
4:00-4:30 : Distribution of Seminar Handouts/ Excel templates
(Cause & Effect, 5-Why, Pareto Charts, Histogram, Value Stream Mapping template and many more…)
Meet Your Instructors
ISO Quality Management Auditor, ISO Consultant for ISO 9001:2015 Transition, ISO Certification, Consultant
Robert Jasper is the Founder and the Head Consultant of the brand The Art of Quality Consulting, a consulting firm specializing in result based Quality Management Consulting. Over the last decade, Robert has trained and consulted organizations of all sizes and various industries to develop, implement, and certify their QMS systems successfully. His QMS training style is effective, collaborative and focused on simplification of all ISO matters. As certified Auditor for ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Quality Management Systems he knows both sides of the equation and as ISO Implementation Consultant he brings this valuable knowledge into his seminars to the benefit of all seminar participants. Robert is a certified ISO 9001:2015 transition trainer, based on training provided by EXEMPLAR GLOBAL (formerly known as RABQSA), an international recognized authority body in all ISO matters providing professional credentialing programs and training certification programs. Robert is also the author of the upcoming book “HIGH PERFORMANCE ISO based Quality Management Systems”, which elaborates how organizations of all sizes can use the new ISO standard ANNEX SL principles and requirements to create organizational performance improvement. The book is about to be released in early 2016.
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "Root Cause Analysis and CAPA using 8-D Problem Solving Method".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2479 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to Register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ email@example.com
Payment is required 2 days before the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company).
Cancellations and substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $300 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days before the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($300) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite, payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available, we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee, an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant 5 working days before the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference, you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to ComplianceOnline using these photos and videos for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline from any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner To Do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the media partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the magazine and/or website.
- Dedicated email blast to media partner’s subscribers.
- Article on the magazine and/or website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Cruise Webster: email@example.com
call us: (207) 576-4173
Think Escape Party Bus
San Francisco Bay Area
Board a luxurious Think Escape party bus or limo and be whisked away to San Francisco's hottest nightclubs where VIP treatment brings all party bus guests to the front of the line. Planning the perfect night on the town is easy with Think Escape's fleet of luxury buses and extended vehicles, each with different amenities for socializing and transport. Think Escape's Bay Area party bus rentals include free entry into selected exclusive nightclubs, professional hostess and chauffer, in-vehicle coolers stocked with amenities for a perfect night of partying.
Alcatraz Lunch Cruise
The Alcatraz Lunch Cruise is a luxurious way to get to see some of San Francisco’s favorite sights. A gourmet lunch buffet features options like asiago Caesar salad, bay shrimp salad, roasted chicken, garlic-herb roasted new potatoes and more. While guests enjoy lunch, they can take in views of San Francisco Bay’s flora and fauna, Angel Island and Alcatraz, and a live narration explores the history of Alcatraz. Please note that this tour doesn’t stop on Alcatraz Island.
Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise
A relaxing way to explore the San Francisco Bay is with the Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise. A drink bar and snacks are available for travelers’ enjoyment as they travel under the Golden Gate Bridge, around Alcatraz Island and even past a colony of sea lions. This is a peaceful San Francisco cruise option for families, and children under 5 ride for free.
City Kayak, located on San Francisco's Embarcadero close to the San Francisco Giant's ATT Park, offers a great way to experience San Francisco from Bay level, a point of view and a unique experience you'll not soon forget.
Think Escape Casino Tour
San Francisco Bay Area
San Franciscans may be familiar with Think Escape's party buses that shuttle the late-night crowds to and from various city nightclubs, but the Cache Creek Casino Escape is a little-known gem among Bay Area destinations. With personal charter service on the luxurious Fantasy Limo Bus to Cache Creek Casino and Resort, the Cache Creek Casino Escape tour is a smart choice for San Franciscans looking for a little gaming fun or planning a large group activity