Cyber Security Incident Response Program (CSIRT) and Plans: 2-Day In-person Seminar
Dr. Michael C. Redmond, Phd, International Speaker, Author, Trainer and Consultant
Coming soon.. Please contact customer care for new schedule
This seminar will help you to establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to determine if your Information Systems Incident Response program meets business objectives and operational metrics for ongoing process improvement. We will discuss:
- How to tailor & enhance your existing security training program and requirements for specific audiences based on the sensitivity of the information for which they are granted based on policies.
- How to strengthen IT Risk Management - Integrate Information Security risk management with enterprise risk management, including using common business terminology, congruent methods, and common or linked risk register, and establishing mechanisms for risk acceptance.
- How to build an IS regulation review process, schedule and regulation requirements.
Information Security, Governance & Risk, are all critical aspects of planning and execution of the Information Security Plan. Who in your organization has key responsibility to develop an information security governance program; review existing Information Security policies and standards to ascertain their adequacy in coverage scope against industry best practices, and update them as appropriate, taking into account compliance recommendations?
Do you feel safe enough to bet your reputation on your current CSIRT Plan?
Your Organization must be prepared to respond to a Cyber Incident. Here are some of the cases which happened recently:
- On October 3, 2013, The Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States of America discovered that there was a cyberattack Hackers made it through their network during its regular monitoring of security check.
Seminar Fee Includes:
USB with seminar presentation
Hard copy of presentation
$100 Gift Cert for next seminar
- As Target continues to respond to the security breach that has now been estimated to affect up to 110 million people by NBC News.com, analysts continue to zero in on the statements and actions by CEO, Gregg Steinhafel.
- TJX Corporation, a major retailer with stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, and even the United Kingdom, experienced one of the largest security breaches. Millions of their customer’s credit and debit card information were stolen over a seventeen month period. TJX is the parent company of chains such as TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Homegoods, and a host of retail stores across the US and Canada.
Cyber Security Incident Response Program is a must for any organization using the Internet. It must be robust yet flexible. Unfortunately in spite of all of the Cyber Events, many companies are taking a long time to respond. Teams must be trained and have written procedures. Time is critical in responding to an incident. Every incident costs the organization, money and reputation,
In this session you will learn:
- Best practices and the standards that make up a great Cyber Incident Response Program
- Learn what teams should be part of your CSIRT Team
- Get insight into how to create CSIRT Playbooks and Management Plans
- Learn how to conduct inexpensive tests of the CSIRT Teams and Programs
- This program will help you determine your current Gaps and provide milestones for correcting the Gaps
Key points to be discussed at the session include:
- Adopting a systematic approach to risk tracking to enhance the effectiveness of the Cyber Incident Program
- Outlining the critical actions to take if an event affects the company or its partners
- Understanding an organizations’ susceptibility to a Cyber Attack
- Cyber Incident Response: Getting started, research, training, testing and maintaining
- Standards and Best Practice: ISO 27001, ISO 27035, ISO 27005. NIST, FFIEC, HIPPA AND HITRUST
Attendees will get below tools and templates:
- Best Practices
- Documenting for your Organization
- Testing for your Organization
- How to maintain the program and keep it current
Who Will Benefit:
Any company that deals with health information or Credit Card Information:
- Chief Security Officer
- Risk Managers
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Operations Officer
|Day One (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
||Day Two (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
Registration Process: 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM
Session Start Time: 9:00 AM
- Cyber Security Incident Response Program (CSIRT): Where to Start
- Standards and Best Practices
- ISO and Information Security as a Guideline
- Researching Your Industry
- Event vs Incident
- NIST, SANS and More
- Planning Team
- Operation Sequencing for CSIRT
- Developing and documenting your Program
- Developing and documenting your Plan
- Developing and documenting your Playbooks
- Creating your CSIRT Team
- Team Training
- Testing and Types of Tests
Meet Your Instructor
||Michael C. Redmond
Phd, International Speaker, Author, Trainer and Consultant
Michael C. Redmond is CEO and Lead Consultant for Redmond Worldwide, and is an International Consultant, Speaker, Author, and Teacher. Michael has been consulting independently since 2004. She is a PhD, Board Certified Psychoneurologist (Crisis Psychology).
Ms. Michael C. Redmond, MBCP, FBCI, CEM, MBA, PhD is the Program Director for Eastern Great Lakes Association of Contingency Planning Chapter. Her past experience includes 13 years as a Sr. Manager with Deloitte, KPMG and Chubb in the areas of: Compliance, Crisis Management, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Management, Internal Audit/ Gap Analysis. She was a Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Manager with Bank of New York.
Michael is in 2013 Who’s Who Among Executives and Professionals and is in the Academic and Professional National Honor Society for Continuity Planners, “Order of the Sword & Shield”. She spent 4 years on Active Duty with the Army and 18 1/2 years National Guard and Reserve before retiring as a Major. She is a Graduate of Command & General Staff College (Fort Leavenworth), attended Civil Affairs Courses – US Army JFK School of Special Warfare and is Hazmat Trained, DOD Certified. She has been an Adjunct Professor for New York University and John Jay Graduate School among others, where she taught Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Emergency Management.
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "Cyber Security Incident Response Program (CSIRT) and Plans: 2-Day In-person Seminar".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2479 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to Register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ email@example.com
Payment is required 2 days before the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company).
Cancellations and substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $200 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days before the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($200) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite, payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available, we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee, an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant 5 working days before the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference, you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to ComplianceOnline using these photos and videos for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline from any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner To Do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the media partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the magazine and/or website.
- Dedicated email blast to media partner’s subscribers.
- Article on the magazine and/or website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Cruise Webster: email@example.com
call us: (207) 576-4173
Think Escape Party Bus
San Francisco Bay Area
Board a luxurious Think Escape party bus or limo and be whisked away to San Francisco's hottest nightclubs where VIP treatment brings all party bus guests to the front of the line. Planning the perfect night on the town is easy with Think Escape's fleet of luxury buses and extended vehicles, each with different amenities for socializing and transport. Think Escape's Bay Area party bus rentals include free entry into selected exclusive nightclubs, professional hostess and chauffer, in-vehicle coolers stocked with amenities for a perfect night of partying.
Alcatraz Lunch Cruise
The Alcatraz Lunch Cruise is a luxurious way to get to see some of San Francisco’s favorite sights. A gourmet lunch buffet features options like asiago Caesar salad, bay shrimp salad, roasted chicken, garlic-herb roasted new potatoes and more. While guests enjoy lunch, they can take in views of San Francisco Bay’s flora and fauna, Angel Island and Alcatraz, and a live narration explores the history of Alcatraz. Please note that this tour doesn’t stop on Alcatraz Island.
Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise
A relaxing way to explore the San Francisco Bay is with the Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise. A drink bar and snacks are available for travelers’ enjoyment as they travel under the Golden Gate Bridge, around Alcatraz Island and even past a colony of sea lions. This is a peaceful San Francisco cruise option for families, and children under 5 ride for free.
City Kayak, located on San Francisco's Embarcadero close to the San Francisco Giant's ATT Park, offers a great way to experience San Francisco from Bay level, a point of view and a unique experience you'll not soon forget.
Think Escape Casino Tour
San Francisco Bay Area
San Franciscans may be familiar with Think Escape's party buses that shuttle the late-night crowds to and from various city nightclubs, but the Cache Creek Casino Escape is a little-known gem among Bay Area destinations. With personal charter service on the luxurious Fantasy Limo Bus to Cache Creek Casino and Resort, the Cache Creek Casino Escape tour is a smart choice for San Franciscans looking for a little gaming fun or planning a large group activity