Insurance Fraud Investigation
Robert Minniti, President and Owner of Minniti CPA, LLC
Coming soon.. Please contact customer care for new schedule
||"Insurance Fraud Investigation" - This course is approved by NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy). Seminar attendees are eligible for 16 CPE credits upon completion of this workshop.
This course will cover the issues associated with insurance fraud. Examples of various types of insurance fraud, including application frauds and claims frauds will be presented. We will also discuss frauds committed by insurance agents and companies. Participants will have the opportunity to review the red flags that could be an indicator of insurance fraud. The procedures for conducting an insurance fraud investigation will be discussed and the legal issues will be examined. We will discuss strategies for preparing both civil and criminal insurance fraud cases. We will also discuss internal controls and procedures that could help to prevent or detect insurance fraud. We will review federal and state insurance fraud laws. Case studies will be presented to allow the participants to practice the skills learned in the seminar.
- Understanding the basics of insurance fraud
- Application Fraud
- Claims Fraud
- Agent Fraud
- Identifying Red flags that could indicate insurance fraud
- Conducting Fraud Investigations
- Preparing for a civil case
- Preparing for a criminal case
- Designing internal controls to prevent and detect insurance fraud
Seminar Fee Includes:
USB with seminar presentation
Hard copy of presentation
$100 Gift Cert for next seminar
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Internal controls designed to prevent insurance fraud
- Internal controls designed to detect insurance fraud
- Insurance application fraud
- Insurance agent fraud
- Insurance claims fraud
- Insurance fraud investigations for civil and criminal cases
- Legal issues in insurance fraud investigations
- The red flags that could indicate insurance fraud
- Federal and state insurance fraud laws
Who will Benefit:
- Professions in insurance industry:
- CEOs, CFOs, COOs
- Managers and staff
- Personnel responsible for issuing or approving insurance policies or claims.
- Insurance agents
- Claims adjusters
- Accounting professionals:
- Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Fraud Examiners
- Internal Auditors
- External Auditors
- Accounting Managers who work for or with insurance companies
Additionally, individuals managing or supervising insurance agents, including HR personnel, would benefit from this course. Private investigators and attorneys who work on insurance fraud cases would also benefit from taking this course.
We are registered with and adhere to the Statement on Standards for Continuing Professional Education programs of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Our registration number is 109066. Please check with the governing body of your license and state for specific CPE requirements. Grievances may be forwarded to the company at 650 620 3961. Grievances may also be forwarded to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors-NASBA, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417, 615-880-4200, www.learningmarket.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Field of Study:
- Business Law: 1 CPE Credits
- Finance: 7 CPE Credits
- Management Advisory Services: 1 CPE Credits
- Specialized Knowledge and Applications: 7 CPE Credits
Program Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance Preparation/Program Prerequisites: None
|Day 1 (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
||Day 2 (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
- 8:30 – 9:00 AM: Registration
- 9:00 AM: Session Start Time
- The Overview of Insurance Fraud
- The definition of fraud
- Civil definition of fraud
- Criminal definition of fraud
- The fraud triangle
- The elements of fraud
- To sustain a claim of fraud, insurer was required to plead and prove each of the nine elements of fraud: (1) a representation; (2) falsity of the representation; (3) materiality of the representation; (4) speaker’s knowledge of the falsity of the representation; (5) the speaker’s intent it should be relied upon; (6) the hearer’s ignorance of the falsity of the representation; (7) the hearer’s reliance on the representation; (8) the hearer’s right to rely on the representation; and (9) the hearer’s consequent and proximate injury caused by reliance on the representation.
- Why people commit fraud
- Types of insurance fraud
- Insurance application frauds
- When a claimant attempts to obtain some benefit or advantage to which they are not otherwise entitled, or when an insurer knowingly denies some benefit that is due. According to the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation the most common schemes include: Premium Diversion, Fee Churning, Asset Diversion, and Workers Compensation Fraud. The perpetrators in these schemes can be both insurance company employees, insurance agents and claimants
- Insurance claims frauds
- Insurance agent frauds
- Ways insurance agents can misappropriate funds:
- Fictitious Policies
- False Claims
- False applications
- The red flags that could be indicators of insurance fraud
- Designing internal controls to help prevent insurance fraud
- Designing internal controls to help detect insurance fraud
- California insurance laws and regulations
- Insurance fraud investigations
- Starting an insurance fraud investigation
- Interviewing techniques
- Legal systems
- Multi-media research
- Surveillance equipment and methods
- Crime scene investigation
- Supervising an insurance fraud investigation
- Managing insurance fraud investigations
- Legal issues in insurance fraud investigations
Investigating a civil insurance fraud case
- Evidence of Other Incidents
- Using Experts in Fraud Cases
- Discovery and Privilege
- Constitutional Issues
- Criminal Proceedings
- Working with private investigators
- Working with fraud investigators
- Working with attorneys
Investigating a criminal insurance fraud case
- The Policy as Contract
- Parties to the Insurance Contract
- Insurer's Duties
- Policy Conditions
- Criminal Actions
Alternative dispute resolution methods
- Working with law enforcement
- Working with prosecutors
Meet Your Instructor
President and Owner of Minniti CPA, LLC
Bob Minniti is the President and Owner of Minniti CPA, LLC. Bob is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Forensic Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Valuation Analyst, Certified in Financial Forensics, Master Analyst in Financial Forensics and a Chartered Global Management Accountant. Bob is also a private investigator licensed in the State of Arizona. Bob is currently pursuing a doctoral degree in business administration at Walden University. Bob received his MBA degree and Graduate Certificate in Accounting from DeVry University’s Keller Graduate School of Management, and received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree from the University of Phoenix. Bob is a professor teaching graduate level courses in accounting, fraud examination, fraud criminology, ethics, forensic accounting, external audit, internal audit, tax, and real estate finance at DeVry University, Grand Canyon University, Northwestern University, and the University of Phoenix. He has designed graduate and undergraduate courses for Grand Canyon University, Northwestern University, and Anthem College. He is a writer and public speaker. He has experience in forensic accounting, fraud examinations, financial audits, internal audits, compliance audits, real estate valuations, business valuations, real estate financing, internal control development, business continuation planning, risk management, financial forecasting and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance work. Bob is an instructor teaching continuing professional education classes for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Bob served on the American Board of Forensic Accounting for 5 years the final two years as Chairman of the Board. He also served on the Board of the American College of Forensic Examiners for two years.
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "Insurance Fraud Investigation".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2479 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to Register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ email@example.com
Payment is required 2 days before the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company).
Cancellations and substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $200 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days before the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($200) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite, payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available, we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee, an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant 5 working days before the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference, you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to ComplianceOnline using these photos and videos for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline from any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media Partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner to do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the Media Partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the Magazine and/or Website.
- Dedicated email blast to all subscribers of Media Partner.
- Article on the Magazine and/or Website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Cruise Webster: email@example.com
call us: (207) 576-4173
Think Escape Party Bus
San Francisco Bay Area
Board a luxurious Think Escape party bus or limo and be whisked away to San Francisco's hottest nightclubs where VIP treatment brings all party bus guests to the front of the line. Planning the perfect night on the town is easy with Think Escape's fleet of luxury buses and extended vehicles, each with different amenities for socializing and transport. Think Escape's Bay Area party bus rentals include free entry into selected exclusive nightclubs, professional hostess and chauffer, in-vehicle coolers stocked with amenities for a perfect night of partying.
Alcatraz Lunch Cruise
The Alcatraz Lunch Cruise is a luxurious way to get to see some of San Francisco’s favorite sights. A gourmet lunch buffet features options like asiago Caesar salad, bay shrimp salad, roasted chicken, garlic-herb roasted new potatoes and more. While guests enjoy lunch, they can take in views of San Francisco Bay’s flora and fauna, Angel Island and Alcatraz, and a live narration explores the history of Alcatraz. Please note that this tour doesn’t stop on Alcatraz Island.
Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise
A relaxing way to explore the San Francisco Bay is with the Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise. A drink bar and snacks are available for travelers’ enjoyment as they travel under the Golden Gate Bridge, around Alcatraz Island and even past a colony of sea lions. This is a peaceful San Francisco cruise option for families, and children under 5 ride for free.
City Kayak, located on San Francisco's Embarcadero close to the San Francisco Giant's ATT Park, offers a great way to experience San Francisco from Bay level, a point of view and a unique experience you'll not soon forget.
Think Escape Casino Tour
San Francisco Bay Area
San Franciscans may be familiar with Think Escape's party buses that shuttle the late-night crowds to and from various city nightclubs, but the Cache Creek Casino Escape is a little-known gem among Bay Area destinations. With personal charter service on the luxurious Fantasy Limo Bus to Cache Creek Casino and Resort, the Cache Creek Casino Escape tour is a smart choice for San Franciscans looking for a little gaming fun or planning a large group activity