Developing an Effective Set of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to Improve Quality of Service (QoS) for IT and Any Service
Javier F. Kuong, Principal, Management Advisory Services & Publications – (MASP)
Coming soon.. Please contact customer care for new schedule
This seminar will explain principles and practices that equally apply to well established infrastructure services (power, utilities, IT) as well as to any other business support services (e.g., finance, HR, Customer support, helpdesk, etc.)
Experience indicates that organizations that do not take the time to develop and agree upon a sound set of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to facilitate Service Level Management (SLM) are likely to fail and/or have great difficulty in measuring delivery performance by internal or external service providers.
For organizations that outsource critical services, such as IT, the new laws and regulations implicitly demand that outside and outsourced services meet compliance requirements just as much as any internally company run services. Regulatory compliance has added impetus to the need to have sound SLAs to ensure outsourced services are properly governed.
Key objectives and learning outcomes
The key objectives of the seminar are to provide through lecture and a workshop with active participation by participants an approach and a methodology for service level management that apply to:
- Information Technologies (IT) and all types of service areas/activities in the private and public sectors
- All Types of Internal And/or External Service Providers
- Improving performance measurement through sound SLAs
- Enhancing the ability to meet compliance to rules and regulations
- An Overall, Panoramic, Top-Down, Business Objectives Oriented and Risk-based Approach to service level management
- A facilitated workshop session using an area of interest to participants to apply the principles and the methodology presented during the morning sessions under instructor guidance.
What this course covers
This unique seminar provides participants with a Top-down, Risk-based approach and a structured methodology for developing effective SLAs that help improve business performance and service level quality. The top-down methodology enables organizations to align their service level objectives with the strategic enterprise’s goals and objectives. It also shows how to develop SLAs that are user-facing as opposed to mainly technically-oriented SLAs which are meaningless to service consumers. The top-down, panoramic view of service level management enables managers to focus on the service level agreements that can impact service quality and ROI and make the best utilization of limited resources.
This course uses a combination of lecture and active discussion by participants plus a facilitated workshop that is based on participants selecting an area of immediate interests in their organization. The course handouts include details of the methodology, a plan of action for successful SLA development and a List of 45 classes of SLAs that could be considered for an SLA package, including such categories as availability, exit strategies to recover patrimonial knowledge in case of an outsource provider going out of business and the opportunity to work on a workshop to simulate the development of an SLA.
Who should attend the Course?
This course will benefit the following executives, managers and professionals:
- Line senior executives responsible for company operations performance
- IT and quality assurance professionals
- Company legal counsel officers that help develop agreements and service contracts
- Purchasing and Procurement Executives
- External Legal Counsel Advisors
- Corporate and Internal Audit Executives, Internal and Information System Auditors
- Executives dependent on key support infrastructure services, such as IT and other business services
- Contingency Planning and Emergency Preparedness Professionals that specify SLAs
- CIOs, CFOs, and any C-level Executive that is vitally dependent on or that oversees business services
- External auditors and consultants in risk management and contingency planning
- Chief Risk Managers and Chief Security Officers (CSOs) and professionals
- Individual responsible for negotiating outsourced services
- Compliance and regulatory mandate officers/professionals
- Managers of outsourcing service companies that must specify or negotiate levels of service with clients
- Any manager or service professional that needs to measure service performance and needs to develop SLAs for their service area.
This course provides you, through lecture and workshop, the principles and a set of guidelines for developing and preparing “effective” Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for an internal service function or an outside service provider. It covers the following topics:
- The Importance of Service Level Agreements (SLA) – Definition of key terms.
- Service Level Agreements as a Key Element of the Service Level Management (SLM) Process.
- In what situations Can SLAs Be Applied and Useful? Modern view of SLAs for internal and external service provisioning, Including all Types of Services.
- A general, risk-based Methodology for Developing SLAs.
- Determining Performance Service Level Objectives (SLOs).
- Developing “User-facing SLAs” that are truly responsive to users' needs.
- Differences Between User-oriented SLAs and Technically-oriented SLAs and how user-oriented SLAs help achieve alignment with business objectives.
- Success Factors to Develop Effective SLAs.
- A framework and a list of classes of SLAs to consider in SLA development for IT, software and other services.
- Suggested action steps to develop an effective SLA program.
- A hands-on workshop by participants to apply the principles and methodology to a service area of direct interest to participants which can subsequently refined back in their office. Accordingly, participants are strongly encouraged to bring a service area of interest to their organization to use during the workshop.
Meet Your Instructor
||Javier F. Kuong
Principal, Management Advisory Services & Publications – (MASP)
Javier F. Kuong, is the President and Principal Consultant of Management Advisory Services & Publications (MASP), an organization that for over 30 years has been devoted solely to consulting, training, publications, research and development in Enterprise and IT Governance, Compliance, Auditing, Risk Management, Security, and Business Continuity Planning on a global basis. His previous experience includes positions as CIO/IT Director, Senior Manager for an major four CPA firm, Consulting and Management training in the areas of his expertise. He is the author of 40 books and treatises, including 3 books on Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, GRC, IT Governance, and Internal Controls for SMBs (Small and Medium size businesses). He is also the editor of COM-SAC, Computer Security, Auditing & Control and CPR-J Contingency Planning & Recovery Journal. He has lectured in all regions of the world in Conferences, seminars and for many independent Professional Training Institutes and Professional Associations. He is the recipient of the New England ISACA Chapter.
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "Developing an Effective Set of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to Improve Quality of Service (QoS) for IT and Any Service".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2479 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your Registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ email@example.com
Payment is required before 2 days of the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. ( our parent company)
Cancellations and Substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $75 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days from the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($75) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and Documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant before 5 working days from the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to use these photos and videos by ComplianceOnline for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline for any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
What past attendees say about ComplianceOnline Seminars:
The event was really well organized and ComplianceOnline staff helped make it a smooth process from initial registration, hotel bookings and seminar materials and stationery. I will be asking my company to send more employees to attend ComplianceOnline seminars.
- Legal Advisor
I've attended quite a few seminars by different training providers but ComplianceOnline was by and far the best - the courses are well designed and up to date with the latest developments and the support staff are always helpful, ready to answer your queries.
- Chief Finance Officer
My company has been sending employees to attend ComplianceOnline seminars and so far we have not been disappointed by the quality of the teaching and the excellent event coordination and support.
- Risk Manager
The best part of the seminar had to be the interactive workshop exercises - the real world scenarios helped me understand the process so much better.
- Chief Security Officer
I attended the ComplianceOnline seminar on the recommendation of a colleague and I found it exactly as helpful as he'd described. I am sure the knowledge I've gained will help me and my company immeasurably.
- Managers of outsourcing service
The ComplianceOnline seminar instructor had deep knowledge of the subject and helped all the attendees understand the subject.
- IT, QA Manager
The instructor was not only active and helpful during the seminar and workshop, but was available to answer resulting queries after the event as well.
- Vice President
I think ComplianceOnline seminars are value for money - the instructors are well prepared and ready to go beyond and above the call of duty to answer even the most complicated of queries regarding subject.
- Internal Auditor
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media Partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner to do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the Media Partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the Magazine and/or Website.
- Dedicated email blast to all subscribers of Media Partner.
- Article on the Magazine and/or Website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Cruise Webster: email@example.com
call us: (207) 576-4173
Boston Public Garden
This Frederick Law Olmsted-designed park, famous for its Swan Boats, has over 600 varieties of trees and an ever-changing array of flowers. It is America's first public garden.
Boston Public Library
The Boston Public Library was the first large municipally-funded public library in America. It has a central location right in the heart of Copley Square, facing the Trinity Church, easily accessible by taking the Green Line to Copley station (or also near to Orange Line Back Bay stop).
Fenway Park is the oldest Major League baseball park in the United States. Its small, intimate atmosphere really allows you to feel like you are "in the game." The park is situated right in downtown Boston - so it is very accessible if you are visiting the area.
Museum of Fine Arts
Boston's oldest, largest and best-known art institution, the MFA houses one of the world's most comprehensive art collections and is renowned for its Impressionist paintings, Asian and Egyptian collections and early American art.
Museum of Science
The Boston Museum of Science is a long-standing tradition for families in Boston, but that doesn't mean adults won't enjoy themselves too! Their exhibits range from dinosaurs to space travel to wildlife to physics to human biology to an in-depth look at Boston's "Big Dig" project.
This Italian neighborhood, Boston's oldest, is known for its wonderful restaurants and historic sights.
Old North Church
The signal from the steeple of Boston's oldest church triggered the War for Independence that led to the birth of America. On that fateful night in 1775, the two lanterns in the steeple told Paul Revere that the British were approaching by boat, not on foot.