Read Frequently Asked Questions
Evidence Product Checklist for ANSI/UL 1998-2004 Standard for Software in Programmable Components - Revision 1
Evidence Product Checklist for ANSI/UL 1998-2004 Standard for Software in Programmable Components, Revision 1 - ISBN 0-9716087-9-2
- Format: Word® (To save money, click here for our PDF version)
- Language: English
- Provider: SEPT
- Shipping: Available for download - Link will be provided in My ComplianceOnline section
The experts at SEPT have revised this checklist to reflect revision 1 to this major software engineering document:
- The ANSI/UL 1998 standard is focused toward application-specific, non-networked software in a programmable component embedded in a product for which a failure may result in injury to persons.
- A general software configuration of a microprocessor based programmable component typically includes the operating system or executive software, communication software, micro-controller, input/output hardware, and any generic software libraries, database management or user interface software.
- The Checklist provides an easy-to-use classification scheme of physical evidence comprised of policies, procedures, plans, records, documents, audits, and reviews.
It provides information on:
1. Risk Analysis
2. Process Definition
3. Qualification of Design, Implementation and Verification Tools
4. Software Design
5. Critical and Supervisory Section of Software
6. Measures to Address Microelectronic Hardware Failure Modes
7. Product Interface
8. User Interface
9. Software Analysis and Testing
11. Off-the-Shelf (OTS) Software.
12. Software Changes and Document Control 14. Documentation