Applying Risk Management to Your Organization: 2-day In-person Seminar
Jason Mefford, Certified Business Coach, Thought Leader, Professional Trainer & Speaker
Coming soon.. Please contact customer care for new schedule
This interactive seminar will help you understand the basics of Risk Management and how to implement it in your organization. Risk management is talked about a lot, but seems is often misunderstood. The reason is frequently that we are not speaking the same language within our organizations. Different names for the same terms, differing calculations for items with the same name, upside, downside, whichever side of risk, we often don’t know. In this course you will learn not only the basics of risk management, but how to speak the language of risk and teach it to others in your organization.
Through practical exercises you will learn how to identify and assess risks, calculate the applicable risk tolerances, walking away from the training with practical tips and tools you can use to apply risk management principles at your organization.
Key goals of the conference will include learning:
- The basics of risk management
- Understand the four ways to manage risks
- Become familiar with generally accepted risk frameworks and risk models
- Speaking the same risk language throughout an organization
- Bottom-up and top-down risk identification methods
- How to assess risks on a quantitative and qualitative basis
- Learning the difference between inherent and residual risk
- How to calculate risk appetite, risk tolerance, and risk capacity for an organization
- Practical tips and tools for applying the training to your individual organization
Who will Benefit:
Senior executives, directors, managers and those who have responsibility for implementing and managing risk management activities, as well as those that have key collateral roles:
- Risk Management
- GRC Professionals
- Internal Audit
- Understanding the Basics
- What is Risk Management
- Differences between:
- Risk Management
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Governance, Risk Management and Compliance
- Commodity Risk Management
- all others
- Four Ways to Manage Risk
- The Language of Risk
- Risk Frameworks
- Risk Models
- Speaking the Language of Risk
- Getting Everyone to Speak the Same Risk Language
- Risk Identification and Assessment
- Bottom-up and Top-down Approaches
- Using Risk Models
- Inherent vs. Residual Risk
- Quantitative and Qualitative Measures
- Applying Concepts to an Organization
- Calculating Risk Appetite
- Calculating Risk Tolerance
- Calculating Risk Capacity
- How to use the Calculations
- Applying Concepts to Your Organization
- Developing and Organization Risk Model and Language
- Tools for Implementing
Meet Your Instructor
Certified Business Coach, Thought Leader, Professional Trainer & Speaker
Jason Mefford, is a sought after adviser and speaker on ethics, corporate governance, GRC, and internal audit topics. He is currently the President of Mefford Associates, a professional training, coaching and boutique advisory firm.
Mefford has been the chief audit executive at two different multi-billion dollar manufacturing companies. Prior to that he was a manager at two different large public accounting firms, performing internal and external audits and advisory services for clients in various industries.
Mefford is active in the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) where he has served in various volunteer leadership positions at the local and international level. He is also a Fellow with the Open Compliance and Ethics Group (OCEG) a non-profit think tank that uniquely helps organizations drive Principled Performance® by enhancing corporate culture and integrating governance, risk management, and compliance processes.
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "Applying Risk Management to Your Organization: 2-day In-person Seminar"
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company). and mailed to:
2600 E. Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send Your Team for Maximum Benefit
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call Toll Free +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer: Please call us at Toll Free +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your Registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ email@example.com
Payment is required before 2 days of the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. ( our parent company)
Cancellations and Substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $200 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days from the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($200) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and Documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant before 5 working days from the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to use these photos and videos by ComplianceOnline for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline for any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
Grand Hyatt San Francisco
345 Stockton Street, San Francisco
March 21-22, 2013
Special Offer for the attendees of this seminar:
Rooms available at 15% discount and with free internet.
Use the code "CR88975" at the time of booking to avail of this offer.
Please note: Hotel rooms are limited and based on availability.
How to Reach
General Directions to the Hotel
From San Francisco International Airport: 14 miles
- Take 101 North toward the San Francisco and Bay Bridge.
- Exit 280 North toward "Port of SF/280 North". Stay in left lane and 280 becomes King Street.
- At 2nd light, turn left onto 3rd St and go 8 blocks to Market St.
- Cross over Market St. (which becomes Kearny St.) and continue 2 blocks.
- Turn left on Sutter St. Go 2 blocks to Stockton and the hotel is located on the left corner.
From Oakland Airport: 20 miles
- Take 880 North toward San Francisco and cross over on the Bay Bridge.
- Take the Fremont St. Exit (on right) & proceed 1/2-block on Fremont St.
- Turn left onto Howard St & Turn right onto 3rd St.
- Cross Market St. (Street changes to Kearny).
- Take Kearny 2 blocks to Sutter St. and turn left.
- Take Sutter St. to Stockton St. and turn left.
From San Jose International Airport: 46 miles
- Take 101 North toward San Francisco for approximately 43 miles
- Take I-80 East toward Bay Bridge/Oakland.
- Exit at Fourth Street toward Embarcadero.
- Make a slight left onto Bryant Street.
- Then a left onto Third Street & Third Street will become Kearny Street.
- Take Kearny 2 blocks to Sutter St. and turn left.
- Take Sutter St. to Stockton St. and turn left to reach the Hotel.
Disclaimer: Directions to the venue above have been taken from the hotel website. Attendees are advised to check with the hotel for confirmation of these directions before starting for the venue. ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the same.
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media Partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner to do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the Media Partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the Magazine and/or Website.
- Dedicated email blast to all subscribers of Media Partner.
- Article on the Magazine and/or Website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Ben Hobbs: email@example.com
call us: (650) 620-2941
Think Escape Party Bus
San Francisco Bay Area
Board a luxurious Think Escape party bus or limo and be whisked away to San Francisco's hottest nightclubs where VIP treatment brings all party bus guests to the front of the line. Planning the perfect night on the town is easy with Think Escape's fleet of luxury buses and extended vehicles, each with different amenities for socializing and transport. Think Escape's Bay Area party bus rentals include free entry into selected exclusive nightclubs, professional hostess and chauffer, in-vehicle coolers stocked with amenities for a perfect night of partying.
Alcatraz Lunch Cruise
The Alcatraz Lunch Cruise is a luxurious way to get to see some of San Francisco’s favorite sights. A gourmet lunch buffet features options like asiago Caesar salad, bay shrimp salad, roasted chicken, garlic-herb roasted new potatoes and more. While guests enjoy lunch, they can take in views of San Francisco Bay’s flora and fauna, Angel Island and Alcatraz, and a live narration explores the history of Alcatraz. Please note that this tour doesn’t stop on Alcatraz Island.
Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise
A relaxing way to explore the San Francisco Bay is with the Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise. A drink bar and snacks are available for travelers’ enjoyment as they travel under the Golden Gate Bridge, around Alcatraz Island and even past a colony of sea lions. This is a peaceful San Francisco cruise option for families, and children under 5 ride for free.
City Kayak, located on San Francisco's Embarcadero close to the San Francisco Giant's ATT Park, offers a great way to experience San Francisco from Bay level, a point of view and a unique experience you'll not soon forget.
Think Escape Casino Tour
San Francisco Bay Area
San Franciscans may be familiar with Think Escape's party buses that shuttle the late-night crowds to and from various city nightclubs, but the Cache Creek Casino Escape is a little-known gem among Bay Area destinations. With personal charter service on the luxurious Fantasy Limo Bus to Cache Creek Casino and Resort, the Cache Creek Casino Escape tour is a smart choice for San Franciscans looking for a little gaming fun or planning a large group activity