Read Frequently Asked Questions
Conducting Effective Investigations of Out of Specification and Atypical Laboratory Results
This training on pharmaceutical laboratory OOS investigations will explain how to recognize and address atypical or out of specification results, using approaches which have been recommended by regulatory authorities, performing appropriate investigations.
Why Should You Attend:
Upon completion of this course the attendee should:
- Be familiar with various terms associated with investigations of atypical or out of specification results, and how to document those investigations.
- Be familiar with the FDA Guidance for Industry on Investigating Out-of-Specification (OOS) Test Results for Pharmaceutical Production and how to apply it in laboratory situations.
- Be able to create a Laboratory Investigation Checklist and effectively document an investigation, including rationale and results.
- Know the importance of Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) and be able to identify appropriate CAPAs.
- Understand practical strategies to utilize outcomes from investigations for continuous improvement and reduction of future OOS results.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- What Constitutes An Atypical or Out of Specification Result?
- The Barr Decision of 1993 and Its Impact on OOS Investigations.
- The FDA Guidance for Industry on Investigating OOS Test Results.
- Reporting Data.
- Conducting the Investigation.
- Creating an Investigation Checklist
- Considering Other Batches
- Evaluating the Outcomes: Is there an assignable cause?
- Documenting the Investigation.
- Utilizing Outcomes for Continuous Improvement.
- Questions and Discussions.
Who Will Benefit:
The following personnel in pharmaceutical laboratories will benefit from this training:
- Supervisors and Managers
- Quality Assurance Personnel responsible for generating or evaluating test results in a regulated environment
- GMP auditors
- Analysts and other laboratory staff
- Regulatory Affairs
Gregory Martin, is President of Complectors Consulting which provides consulting and training in the area of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry. He has particular interest in QbD/Lean approaches to dissolution testing, impurity methods, method lifecycle (development/validation/transfer) and instrument qualification, and is passionate about using good science and sound logic to achieve high quality results, consistent with cGMPs, while minimizing resources. Mr. Martin has over 25 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry and was Director of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry (R&D) for a major PhRMA company for a number of years. In addition, he has volunteered for the USP for over 10 years, and currently serves as Vice Chair of the General Chapters – Physical Analysis Expert Committee, and serves on Expert Panels on Validation and Verification, Weights and Balances and Use of Enzymes for Dissolution Testing of Gelatin Capsules. He is also Chair-elect of the AAPS In Vitro Release and Dissolution Testing Focus Group. He serves on the Editorial Advisory Board of the Journal of Validation Technology and Journal of GXP Compliance.
ComplianceOnline would process/provide refund only if the Live Webinar has been cancelled. The attendee could choose between the recorded version of the webinar or refund for any cancelled webinar. Refunds will not be given to participants who do not show up for the webinar. On-Demand Recordings can be requested in exchange. Webinar may be cancelled due to lack of enrolment or unavoidable factors. Registrants will be notified 24hours in advance if a cancellation occurs."
For substitution, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-650-620-3937.
This training hasn't been reviewed yet.
Lifecycle Approach to Analytical Methods with QbD Elements: Design, Development, Validation, Transfer Residual Solvents: Understanding the Requirements and Practical Advice for Implementing USP <467>/ICH Q3C Dissolution Instrument Qualification to Meet Requirements and Minimize Product OOS Dissolution Results 4-hr Virtual Seminar: Using the USP Effectively