Read Frequently Asked Questions
Project Management in Human Resources
This webinar on project management in human resources will focus on key project management skills for the HR professional. You will learn proven, successful techniques for detailed, systematic, team-involved planning and effective implementation.
Product ID: 702645
Training Level: Intermediate
Why Should You Attend:
You as an HR leader play a major role in shaping your company’s strategy as well as ensuring that the strategy is carried out as planned. While there is much written about the creation of strategy, there is little written about implementation.
In this 90-minute webinar training, we will talk about strategic and effective management and implementation of programs and ways in which you, as an HR professional, can facilitate both in your company. More specifically, this session will focus on how project management is becoming a critical success factor in the overall HR organizational strategy.
- Benefits of honing your Project Management Skills.
- Understanding the Big Picture, the four processes involved in project work.
- Understanding Work Breakdown Structures and scheduling the work.
- How to Identify and Manage Risk?
- Understanding unique challenges in HR project management.
- How to extract lessons from every HR project and apply them in future projects?
Areas Covered in This Session:
- From Strategy to Implementation.
- What is Project Management?
- Overall Benefits of Project Management in Human Resources.
- Considerations of Project Management (PM) Related to Human Resources (HR).
- Key Project Management Skills for the HR Professional.
- Approaches to Project Management.
- The Architecture of Implementation.
- Developing Project Scope.
- How to Stay on Course and Maintain Control of the Project?
- Developing the Project Budget
- Risk Identification, Planning, and Management.
- The People Side of Implementation, Planning Resources.
- Implementing Human Capital Initiatives.
- Strategy as Work in Progress – Verifying Project Scope
- Project Closeout
- Developing and Leveraging Your Strategic Mindset for Successful Implementation.
Who Will Benefit:
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to
- HR Practitioners
- HR Leaders and Team Leads
- Organizational Strategy Leaders
- Business Owners
Cathleen Hampton, is a professional Human Resources consultant with over 25 years of experience. She is a recognized expert in developing and implementing staffing and retention programs that include workforce planning and analysis, along with best-in-class HR technology, sourcing, recruiting and selection methods.
She has been responsible for planning, developing and executing comprehensive strategies for a wide range of client companies, and has broad experience with corporate policy development and program implementation, including affirmative action programs and OFCCP compliance audits.
Ms. Hampton is a dynamic leader who has been instrumental in growing Hampton Resources into a much respected HR Services organization. She oversees diverse engagements where she partners with her clients to develop strategies using the most up-to-date and sound industry trends and practices.
Ms. Hampton serves as the principal coach/mentor for all client activities where she brings a wealth of experience to her clients regarding strategic and business planning, leadership and management development, compliance enhancement, and performance management. She has developed numerous workshops and is a nationally known presenter on topics such as HR and organizational compliance strategies, performance management, organizational and management development, and human capital.
Planning is everything -- and ongoing. On one thing all PM texts and authorities agree: The single most important activity that project managers engage in is planning – detailed, systematic, team-involved plans are only the foundation for project success. And when real-world events conspire to change the plan, project managers must make a new one to reflect the changes. So planning and re-planning must be a way of life for project managers.
A good program matched with outstanding implementation is your organization’s best assurance of success. It is also an undeniable sign of good management. Strategy creation is about doing the right things at the right time and is a primary concern of senior executives and business owners. Implementation is about doing things right and involves a different set of activities. Therefore, it is very important that you concern yourself with effective implementation – because a great strategy is worthless if that strategy is carried out poorly.
ComplianceOnline would process/provide refund only if the Live Webinar has been cancelled. The attendee could choose between the recorded version of the webinar or refund for any cancelled webinar. Refunds will not be given to participants who do not show up for the webinar. On-Demand Recordings can be requested in exchange. Webinar may be cancelled due to lack of enrolment or unavoidable factors. Registrants will be notified 24hours in advance if a cancellation occurs."
For substitution, please email email@example.com or call +1-650-620-3937.
This training hasn't been reviewed yet.
Cathleen M. Hampton
3-hr Virtual Seminar: Affirmative Action and the OFCCP - An In-depth Primer 3-hr Virtual Seminar - Affirmative Action Compliance and Your Recruiting Strategy: Pulling it together Affirmative Action and Compensation Programs Affirmative Action and Recent Trends within the OFCCP