Effective Audit Report Writing
Jonnie T. Keith, CIA, CFE, CGAP, CICA
Coming soon.. Please contact customer care for new schedule
The audit report represents the end result of weeks of reviews, analyses, interviews and discussions. It is used to provide information to management on the area you reviewed. And, more importantly, the report brings issues to their attention that needs to be addressed. How well you communicate that information is critical to getting the results you are seeking.
The keys to an effective audit report are:
- Knowing your reader and how to craft an audit report that will get their attention.
- Understanding the IIA Standards for report writing
Register Now and get $50 worth of exercise book for free!!!
Free Books are limited and based on first-come, first-serve.
- Developing the best audit report structure for your situation
- Knowing how to write effective audit findings
- Understanding techniques to enhance the quality and looks of your report
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the report writing provisions in the Standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Write audit reports that meet the needs of your audit clients and prompts them to take action on your recommendations.
- Write audit findings using the five elements of an audit observation: criteria, condition, cause, consequences, and corrective action
- Understand the typical audit report structure for various types of reports
- Understand the mandatory information required for every audit report and other best practices.
- Improve the quality of your audit reports through techniques that address tone, clarity, conciseness, and accuracy
Seminar Fee Includes:
USB with seminar presentation
Hard copy of presentation
$100 Gift Cert for next seminar
- Identifying the Audit Report Provisions in the IIA Standards
- Audit Report Writing Purpose
- Types of Audit Reports
- Elements of an Audit Report
- Five Cs of an Audit Finding
- Audit Report Quality
- Report Writing Workshop
- Wrap Up and Review
Who Will Benefit:
- Chief Audit Executives
- Audit Directors
- Audit Supervisors
- Audit Managers
- Staff Auditors
- Government Auditors
- Compliance Auditors
- Internal Control Specialists
- Public Accountants
- Accounting Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Quality Control Specialists
Note: All attendees please carry their laptop.
|Day One (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
||Day Two (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
Registration Process: 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM
Session Start Time: 9:00 AM
- Audit Report Writing Standards
- International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards):
- 2400 – Communicating Results
- 2410 – Criteria for Communicating (PA 2410-1)
- 2420 – Quality of Communication
- 2430 – Use of “Conducted in Conformance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing”
- Audit Report Writing Purpose
- Write with the Reader in Mind
- Identifying the Readers
- Audit Report Types
- Assurance Reports
- Consultant Reports
- Interim Reports
- Executive Reports
- Fraud Report
- Audit Report Quality
- Audit Report Enhancements
- Elements of an Audit Report
- Title Page (optional)
- Audit Rating (optional)
- Background information (optional)
- Audit Purpose (Mandatory)
- Audit Scope (Mandatory)
- Audit Conclusion (Mandatory)
- Standard Conformance Statement (Dependent)
- Elements of an Audit Finding
- Corrective Actions
- Report Writing Exercise
- Assurance Report
- Consulting Report
Meet Your Instructor
||Jonnie T. Keith,
CIA, CFE, CGAP, CICA
Jonnie Keith has been in auditing over 40 years. He retired in 2012 as the Assistant General Manager (AGM) of Internal Audit with the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) in Atlanta, Ga. He served in that capacity for over 10 years and was responsible for administering the overall audit activities including:
- Providing the Board of Directors, the General Manager/CEO (GM/CEO), MARTA Management and appropriate government entities with independent analysis, appraisals, and recommendations concerning operational, information technology, and contract compliance audits;
- Directing the day-to-day activities for three audit branches : Operational Audit, Information Technology Audit, and Contract Compliance Audit;
- Developing an annual risk-based audit program consistent with MARTA’s goals and objectives and strategic plan;
- Deploying audit resources to implement the annual audit plan efficiently and effectively;
- Reviewing and approving all audit programs for Operational, Information Technology, and Contract Compliance audit activities
At this position, he was also responsible for the review and approval of all Internal Audit correspondence including audit reports, executive summaries, internal and external correspondence, etc.
Prior to that, he worked at MARTA as the Operational Audit Manager and Senior Contract Compliance Auditor. He also worked at Norfolk Southern Railway (formally Southern Railway) as a senior operational auditor and started his career at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta as a bank examiner.
Jonnie Keith received a BA degree in Economics from Clark Atlanta University (formerly Clark College).
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP)
- Certified Internal Control Auditor (CICA)
He has been a volunteer seminar instructor for the National Office of the Institute of Internal Auditors for several years and has taught numerous classes including:
- Beginning Audit Tools and Techniques
- Communication Skills for Auditors
- Operational Auditing: Introduction
- Audit Project Management
- Audit Report Writing
- Operational Auditing: Advanced
- Leadership Skills for Auditors
- CIA Review Course
He and his wife authored the book: Tied Together – The Marriage Trinity.
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "Effective Audit Report Writing".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2479 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to Register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ email@example.com
Payment is required 2 days before the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company).
Cancellations and substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $200 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days before the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($200) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite, payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available, we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee, an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant 5 working days before the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference, you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to ComplianceOnline using these photos and videos for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline from any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner To Do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the media partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the magazine and/or website.
- Dedicated email blast to media partner’s subscribers.
- Article on the magazine and/or website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Cruise Webster: email@example.com
call us: (207) 576-4173
Griffith Observatory is an icon of Los Angeles, a national leader in public astronomy, a beloved civic gathering place, and one of southern California's most popular attractions. The Observatory is located on the southern slope of Mount Hollywood in Griffith Park, just above the Los Feliz neighborhood. It is 1,134 feet above sea level and is visible from many parts of the Los Angeles basin.
Universal Studios Hollywood
Universal Studios Hollywood is a movie studio and theme park in the Los Angeles County, California, United States. It is one of the oldest and most famous Hollywood movie studios still in use. Its official marketing headline is "The Entertainment Capital of LA", though during the summer it is often advertised as "The Coolest Place in LA. It is the first of many full-fledged Universal Studios Theme Parks located across the world.
Los Angeles County Museum of Art
The Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) is the largest art museum in the western United States. It attracts nearly a million visitors annually. Its holdings of more than 100,000 works span the history of art from ancient times to the present. In addition to art exhibits, the museum features film and concert series.
Beverly Center Shopping Mall is a large indoor shopping center located near Beverly Hills. Beverly Center is Southern California's premier fashion destination with over 100 distinctive specialty boutiques reflecting the diverse styles and tastes of Los Angeles. The Center is anchored by Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s and the upscale dining destination, The Capital Grille.
Venice Beach is a seaside neighborhood of Los Angeles. Named for its series of canals, Venice is known as a haven for creative types. It is famous for its bohemian boardwalk and for the eclectic Abbot Kinney Blvd. Venice Beach include the beach, the promenade that runs parallel to the beach (“Ocean Front Walk” or just “the boardwalk”), Muscle Beach, the handball courts, the paddle tennis courts, Skate Dancing plaza, the numerous beach volleyball courts, the bike trail and the businesses and residences that have their addresses on Ocean Front Walk.
Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens
The Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens is located in Los Angeles Griffith Park. The Zoo is home to more than 1,100 mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles representing more than 250 different species of which 29 are endangered. In addition, the Zoo’s botanical collection comprises several planted gardens and over 800 different plant species with over 7,400 individual plants. The Zoo receives over 1.5 million visitors per year.
Staples Center is a multi-purpose sports arena in Los Angeles. It is one of the major sporting facilities in the Greater Los Angeles Area. The arena is home to the Los Angeles Lakers and the Los Angeles Clippers of the National Basketball Association (NBA), the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League (NHL), and the Los Angeles Sparks of the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA).
The Watts Towers are a complex set of 17 separate sculptural pieces built on a residential lot in the community of Watts. Two of the towers rise to a height of nearly 100 feet. The Watts Towers are one of only nine works of folk art listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The site is one of only four US National Historic Landmarks in the city of Los Angeles.
The Center houses a comprehensive collection of Western art from medieval times to the present, with particular strengths in alchemical texts, Italian futurism, Russian Modernism, Japanese avant-garde art and artists’ letters and sketchbooks throughout the ages. The Center’s campus features numerous garden spaces, fountains and pools as well as outdoor sculptures. The center draws 1.3 million visitors annually.