Read Frequently Asked Questions
Little-Known Risks of Personnel Files
This webinar will explain the different types of Personnel Files. Attendees will learn about the types of personnel files that need to be separated from other types, and those that require separate security measures.
Why Should You Attend:
Most of us realize the potential for identity theft that can happen through careless handling of personnel files. We also realize that we need to take steps to keep the personnel file confidential.
But do you know there are different types of Personnel Files? Did you know some types need to be separated from other types, and require separate security measures? If you have one file folder for each employee and each contains all the information on an employee, you need to attend this webinar!
In this webinar, we will explain hazards such as:
- Why it is important to separate types of employee information;
- Potential traps of not providing separate security measures for different portions of the same employee’s file;
- Learning the different types of personnel files that must be maintained and are in total known as the “personnel file”;
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- How to separate information that you have now into the individual files that are required by the government;
- Information that you need to communicate to the supervisors so they will know how they may be jeopardizing employee confidentiality and putting your business at risk;
- How often you can purge old information from personnel files; and
- What information you can never purge from personnel files.
You will learn
- How to maintain personnel files in a way that shows good faith in securing information;
- How to set up a “tickler system” to let you know when to purge records;
- Which personnel files must be separated from others and require separate security measures to safeguard them;
- Why you need to keep personnel information in separate files, even if it is for the same employee.
Who Will Benefit:
All Industries, Educational Institutions, Chambers of Commerce, and Non-profit organizations will benefit from this webinar. This webinar is directed towards:
- Business owners
- Chief Operating Officers
- Office Managers
- Records Staff
- Human Resource Directors
- Managers and Coordinators
- Department Heads
- Communications Directors and staff
- Policy Managers and Policy Writers
Joe Gross, is a self-employed consultant with HR & Policy Solutions, PLLC in Olympia Washington. His consulting company develops a variety of human resource and policy systems for employers in the private, non-profit, and public sectors. Areas of emphasis in his practice are legal compliance, hiring, classification, writing employee manuals, and workforce alignment.
He is a published author, and is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources by the national Society of Human Resource Management. His Bachelor of Arts degree is in Legal and Governmental Services from Pacific University in Oregon. His Master of Public Administration degree is from the University of Washington.
ComplianceOnline would process/provide refund only if the Live Webinar has been cancelled. The attendee could choose between the recorded version of the webinar or refund for any cancelled webinar. Refunds will not be given to participants who do not show up for the webinar. On-Demand Recordings can be requested in exchange. Webinar may be cancelled due to lack of enrolment or unavoidable factors. Registrants will be notified 24hours in advance if a cancellation occurs."
For substitution, please email email@example.com or call +1-650-620-3937.
This training hasn't been reviewed yet.
Webinar on Applicant Background Investigations Hidden Hazards in Writing Employee Handbooks Collection of Applicant Flow Data, Data on Hiring Process Flow, and Use of it in an Affirmative Action Plan HR Policies for Small Companies/Organizations