Global Regulations for Equipment Qualification and Validation of Processes in the Pharma Manufacturing
Joy McElroy, Principle Consultant at Maynard Consulting Company
Coming soon.. Please contact customer care for new schedule
The various regulatory agencies have expectations that pharmaceutical manufacturers will demonstrate control over their manufacturing equipment. The FDA's findings of deficiencies concerning equipment validation indicate the agencies expect definitive evidence that the equipment qualification and validation schedules of a facility will satisfactorily control their manufacturing processes. Examples of FDA form 483 findings for equipment qualification and validation indicate deficiencies in many of these studies.
The cost of non-compliance is therefore more than that of compliance. Are you in compliance with the FDA regulations for equipment qualification and validation in your manufacturing facility?
In this two day workshop conference you will learn the different global agencies expectations of equipment qualification along with the development of a sound process validation program in order to develop and implement bulletproof solutions that are accepted, effective, and efficient. Through case study analysis we will examine best practices to provide thoughts and ideas to develop or improve the performance of your current system. Additionally, case studies will explore how your management practices of your equipment qualification/ validation and process validation programs can help or hurt your legal liability and the legal issues that arise from nonconformance with regulators and Auditors.
Upon completing this course participants should:
- Understand what the global expectations are for equipment qualification and validation.
- Understand the documents required for equipment qualification and process validation and how to manage documents appropriately.
- Understand and know how to write and maintain a Validation Master Plan.
- Write and execute sound protocols for equipment qualification (IQ, OQ, PQ) and process validation.
- Qualify already existing systems and requalification
- Be able to collect data, conduct tests, and obtain all necessary documents.
- Understand the different types of validation.
- Understand Performance Validation.
- Know the guidelines on validating analytical methods and processes.
- Support equipment qualification and validation through the quality management system, risk analysis, calibration and maintenance, and change control.
- Understand and know the principles of auditing the equipment qualification and validation.
- Understand external qualification and validation from a contract manufacturer, and qualification and validation by a supplier.
- To investigate true root causes of problems and to evaluate and prioritize solutions
- Problem solving methods to help you asses which is best for your situation
- Develop successful implementation plans
- Perform risk assessments effectively
Who Will Benefit:
This course is designed for people tasked with developing, maintaining and/or improving equipment qualification programs for manufacturing facilities. This includes individuals that have Quality Management Systems responsibilities for making general improvements in their organization's performance specifically related to equipment and processes. Following personnel will benefit from the course:
- Senior quality managers
- Quality professionals
- Regulatory professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Production supervisors
- Validation engineers
- Manufacturing engineers
- Production engineers
- Design engineers
- Process owners
- Quality engineers
- Quality auditors
- Document control specialists
Seminar Fee Includes:
USB with seminar presentation
Hard copy of presentation
$100 Gift Cert for next seminar
|Day 1 (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
||Day 2 (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
- 8:30 – 9:00 AM: Registration
- 9:00 AM: Session Start Time
- Welcome, Introduction to the course and Speaker
- Regulatory requirements and expectations for Equipment Qualification
- Global harmonization and expectations
- Management of Documents, Documents required
- Validation Policy
- Validation Master Plan (VMP)
- Documents Equipment Qualification
- Validation Team
- Presumption for Qualification/Validation
- General Aspects of Qualification
- Qualification Phases, DQ, IQ, OQ, PQ
- Qualification of existing systems and equipment
- Performance Qualification
- Writing a qualification protocol, content
- Executing a qualification
- Tests, and data
- Writing a qualification final report
- Performance of a Process Validation
- Writing a Process validation protocol
- Guidelines on validating analytical methods
- Content and execution
- Writing the validation plan
- Methodology and performance
- Report writing for method validation
- Presumption for validation
- Support of Equipment Qualification and Process Validation
- Quality Management System
- Risk Analysis
- Change Control
- Auditing equipment qualification and process validation
- External Equipment Qualification and process Validation
- Contract Manufacturer
- Qualification/Validation by a supplier
- Review of FDA warning letters
- Case Study Exercise from current FDA Warning Letters
- Theoretical Case exercises
Meet Your Instructor
Principle Consultant at Maynard Consulting Company
Upon earning a degree in Zoology at North Carolina State University, Joy made her debut in the pharmaceutical industry in 1992 at Pharmacia & UpJohn performing Environmental Monitoring and Sterility Testing. Her hard work allowed her to move into a supervisory role at Abbott Laboratories where she oversaw their Quality Control Lab. In 1998 Joy moved to Wyeth Lederle and worked in Quality Assurance, performing GMP Compliance audits, batch record reviews, and holding annual GMP training for new employees. After working in Quality Assurance for a few years, Joy moved into Equipment Qualification and Cleaning Validation at Mallinckrodt.
With over 20 years total experience in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, Joy has gained extensive knowledge of Quality Assurance, Process and Cleaning Validation, and Equipment Qualification. She has written and executed Equipment Qualification and Validation Protocols for numerous Companies such as Mallinckrodt, Wyeth Lederle, Merck, BioMerieux, Catalent, and Phillips Medisize.
Her knowledge, experience, and strong work ethic have made her a highly sought-after engineer in both the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Joy specializes in Equipment Qualification, Sterilization, Cleaning Validation, and GMP Compliance Auditing.
In 2013 Joy started her own company, Maynard Consulting Company, which provides top engineers, auditors, and validation specialist to pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device clients across the United States, Canada, and the world.
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "Global Regulations for Equipment Qualification and Validation of Processes in the Pharma Manufacturing".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2479 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to Register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment is required 2 days before the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company).
Cancellations and substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $200 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days before the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($200) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite, payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available, we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee, an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant 5 working days before the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference, you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to ComplianceOnline using these photos and videos for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline from any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: email@example.com
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media Partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner to do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the Media Partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the Magazine and/or Website.
- Dedicated email blast to all subscribers of Media Partner.
- Article on the Magazine and/or Website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Cruise Webster: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: (207) 576-4173
Think Escape Party Bus
San Francisco Bay Area
Board a luxurious Think Escape party bus or limo and be whisked away to San Francisco's hottest nightclubs where VIP treatment brings all party bus guests to the front of the line. Planning the perfect night on the town is easy with Think Escape's fleet of luxury buses and extended vehicles, each with different amenities for socializing and transport. Think Escape's Bay Area party bus rentals include free entry into selected exclusive nightclubs, professional hostess and chauffer, in-vehicle coolers stocked with amenities for a perfect night of partying.
Alcatraz Lunch Cruise
The Alcatraz Lunch Cruise is a luxurious way to get to see some of San Francisco’s favorite sights. A gourmet lunch buffet features options like asiago Caesar salad, bay shrimp salad, roasted chicken, garlic-herb roasted new potatoes and more. While guests enjoy lunch, they can take in views of San Francisco Bay’s flora and fauna, Angel Island and Alcatraz, and a live narration explores the history of Alcatraz. Please note that this tour doesn’t stop on Alcatraz Island.
Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise
A relaxing way to explore the San Francisco Bay is with the Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise. A drink bar and snacks are available for travelers’ enjoyment as they travel under the Golden Gate Bridge, around Alcatraz Island and even past a colony of sea lions. This is a peaceful San Francisco cruise option for families, and children under 5 ride for free.
City Kayak, located on San Francisco's Embarcadero close to the San Francisco Giant's ATT Park, offers a great way to experience San Francisco from Bay level, a point of view and a unique experience you'll not soon forget.
Think Escape Casino Tour
San Francisco Bay Area
San Franciscans may be familiar with Think Escape's party buses that shuttle the late-night crowds to and from various city nightclubs, but the Cache Creek Casino Escape is a little-known gem among Bay Area destinations. With personal charter service on the luxurious Fantasy Limo Bus to Cache Creek Casino and Resort, the Cache Creek Casino Escape tour is a smart choice for San Franciscans looking for a little gaming fun or planning a large group activity