Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) - Practical and Effective Solution: 2-Day Workshop
Andrew Bissett, Experienced Governance and Risk Executive
Coming soon.. Please contact customer care for new schedule
||"Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) - Practical and Effective Solution" - This course is approved by NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy). Seminar attendees are eligible for 16.5 CPE credits upon completion of this workshop.
The variety and complexity of risks facing today's organisations is increasing, due in part to emerging technologies, globalisation, and increased compliance obligations. How can Business Leaders ensure that they have an adequate understanding of these growing risks? How can they ensure that these risks are carefully considered and that "somebody" in the organisation is looking at these risk areas? Moreover, how can Business Leaders ensure that the people charged with responsibility for these various risk areas are working together to avoid gaps in risk management or duplication of effort?
Through real-world case studies, this 2 day program will explore the many ways that strategies and organisations can fail, and how to recognise and avoid these risks. Participants will learn the elements for effective enterprise risk management and how to anticipate, prioritise, mitigate, and manage the threats to their organisation, ranging from possible failures in compliance and internal controls to risks emanating from strategy to risks caused by external, uncontrollable events.
- The value proposition and benefits of ERM
- Practical implementation of a robust ERM framework, including critical success factors
- The importance of governance and culture within ERM implementation
- How to structure and develop a successful risk management function
- How to develop a risk appetite statement
- The different types of risk, including financial, operational, strategic and regulatory
- How to identify risks over different time horizons, including emerging risks
- Key risk indicators and measures
- Leveraging data to provide information for informed risk based decision making
- Embedding ERM
- The key concepts around ERM, likelihood, consequence, tolerance, and risk appetite
- The typical vs. ideal risk professional
- Best practices that optimize ERM, including Risk Frameworks and process
- Risk and Strategy – focusing on uncertainty that matters
- The time horizon of risk
- Culture and Risk
- Business Resilience – understanding black swan events
- Risk technology
- Techniques for the management of different types of risk, including control and transfer
- General concepts for valuing risk
- Risk Analytics
- Optimizing Risk Management – 2 sides of the coin (Opportunity and Threat)
- Practical ERM Case studies
Seminar Fee Includes:
USB with seminar presentation
Hard copy of presentation
$100 Gift Cert for next seminar
Who will Benefit:
- CFOs / COOs / CEOs
- Financial Reporting Staff
- Accounting Staff
- Compliance Managers
- Department Heads
- Project Management
- Business Continuity
- Disaster Recovery
- Emergency Management
- Crisis Management
- Internal Audit
- Information Technology
- Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) staff
Chief Risk Officers, Chief Legal Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer
VPs of Risk Management, VP of Finance, Controllers
Director, Operational Risk
Manager, Enterprise Risk Management
Business heads, mid-level management
Board directors - for profits and non-profits
Chief Ethics & Compliance Officers and their staff
Risk Officers and their staff
Chief Audit Executives and Internal Auditors
Operational Risk Managers
CFOs, accounting & Finance personnel
We are registered with and adhere to the Statement on Standards for Continuing Professional Education programs of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Our registration number is 109066. Please check with the governing body of your license and state for specific CPE requirements. Grievances may be forwarded to the company at 650 620 3961. Grievances may also be forwarded to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors-NASBA, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417, 615-880-4200, www.learningmarket.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Field of Study:
- Accounting: 2 CPE Credits
- Administrative Practice: 2.4 CPE Credits
- Auditing: 0.7 CPE Credits
- Behavioral Ethics: 1.2 CPE Credits
- Business Management & Organization: 2.4 CPE Credits
- Finance: 2.4 CPE Credits
- Mathematics: 1.2 CPE Credits
- Personal Development: 2.4 CPE Credits
- Regulatory Ethics: 0.6 CPE Credits
- Specialized Knowledge and Applications: 1.2 CPE Credits
- Total CPE credits earned in this seminar: 16.5 CPE Credits
Program Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance Preparation/Program Prerequisites: None
|Day 1 (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
||Day 2 (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
- 8:30 – 9:00 AM: Registration
- 9:00 AM: Session Start Time
- Session 1: Enterprise Governance
Session 1 will explore the many ways that strategies and organisations can fail and what Business Leaders should be worried about. The concept of Enterprise Governance will be introduced and each element and how they interconnect and why the foundation for organisational success is embodied in effective Enterprise Governance will be explained.
Understanding the 4 key elements of Enterprise Governance which are:
- Corporate Governance i.e. conformance;
- Business Governance i.e. performance;
- Accountability i.e. assurance;
- Value creation i.e. resource utilisation
Expanding this discussion to address:
- Integrated risk management and the role of internal audit.
- Aligning Enterprise Governance with your operating environment; one size does not fit all.
- Capabilities and competencies: who should be responsible and accountable.
- Session 2: Managing Risk – Better practices in risk management
Session 2 will outline and discuss the latest better practices in risk management. Specifically, the following will be covered:
- The value proposition for risk management.
- The fundamentals and key principles for successful risk management.
- A common language – definitions & terminology.
- How Strategy, People, Process and Technology work together to manage risk and deliver organisational success.
- Business Resilience - managing a crisis.
- Risk governance (structure, policies, supervision).
- Risk culture (philosophy, appetite, limits).
- Risk management process (identification, assessment, monitoring, reporting).
The understanding gained from this session will provide the basis for determining whether your organisation has an effective framework and program in place to manage its risks.
- Session 3: Organisational behaviour and performance management
Session 3 will examine organisational behaviour and performance management in detail. Specifically, the following will be covered:
- Culture (the psychology of behaviour) – understanding organisational culture and how people make decisions is an important dimension in managing and mitigating the risks that may impact on the success of an organisation.
- Organisational change and the risk of uncertainty and the capacity of an organisation to successfully drive change.
- Risk management benchmarking – a starting point.
- Business analytics, including key risk indicators (KRIs) – how to ensure that the right measures are being used to drive organisational success.
- Understanding the linkage between quantitative and qualitative dimensions of risk management.
Meet Your Instructor
Experienced Governance and Risk Executive
ANDREW BISSETT is Commercially focused Risk professional with extensive experience in Enterprise Risk Management, Group Policy Frameworks and Corporate Governance.
Highly skilled in internal audit, controls design and assessment, shared services, project management, procurement and contract management, finance and accounting, and information technology.
Solid track record in successfully delivering change within multi national organisations. Known for possessing a strategic mindset, delivery focused while remaining adaptable in approach.
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) - Practical and Effective Solution: 2-Day Workshop".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2479 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to Register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ email@example.com
Payment is required 2 days before the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company).
Cancellations and substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $200 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days before the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($200) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite, payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available, we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee, an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant 5 working days before the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference, you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to ComplianceOnline using these photos and videos for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline from any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner To Do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the media partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the magazine and/or website.
- Dedicated email blast to media partner’s subscribers.
- Article on the magazine and/or website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Cruise Webster: email@example.com
call us: (207) 576-4173
Sydney Opera House
The Sydney Opera House is one of the most distinctive and famous 20th century buildings, and one of the most famous performing arts venues in the world. Though its name suggests a single venue, the project comprises multiple performance venues which together are among the busiest performing arts centers in the world — hosting over 1,500 performances each year attended by some 1.2 million people.
Sydney Harbour Bridge
The Sydney Harbour Bridge is one of Australia's most well known and photographed landmarks. It is the world's largest (but not the longest) steel arch bridge with the top of the bridge standing 134 metres above the harbour.
Sydney's most famous beach attracts large numbers of tourists to Bondi throughout the year with many Irish and British tourists spending Christmas Day there. Bondi Beach features many popular cafes, restaurants and hotels, some with spectacular views of the beach and surrounding headlands. The beach itself is approximately one kilometer long.
A lively harbourside precinct, Darling Harbour is just a 10-minute walk from Sydney city centre. One of Sydney's largest dining, shopping and entertainment precincts has a full calendar of outdoor events as well as one of the city's most restful spots, the Chinese Gardens of Friendship.
Taronga Zoo is the nation's leading zoological garden, featuring Australia's finest collection of native animals and a diverse collection of exotic species. It is home to over 2,600 animals on 28.7 hectares, making it one of the largest of its kind, and it divided into eight zoogeographic regions with numerous indoor pavilions and outdoor exhibits.
The Rocks is an urban locality, tourist precinct and historic area of Sydney's city centre, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. It features a variety of souvenir and craft shops, and many themed and historic pubs. The Rocks Market operates each weekend, with around 100 stalls.
Sydney Tower is Sydney's tallest free-standing structure, and the second tallest in Australia (with the Q1 building on the Gold Coast being the tallest). The tower is open to the public, and is one of the most prominent tourist attractions in the city, being visible from a number of vantage points throughout town and from adjoining suburbs.
Museum of Contemporary Art
The Museum of Contemporary Art (abbreviated MCA) in Sydney, Australia is an Australian museum solely dedicated to exhibiting, interpreting and collecting contemporary art, both from across Australia and around the world. It is housed in the Art Deco-style former Maritime Services Board Building on the western edge of Circular Quay.