Read Frequently Asked Questions
Food Allergen Control for Food Industry Professionals
This food safety training will provide a comprehensive understanding of food allergens and the risks involved. You will learn how to control or manage food allergens from development to labeling in a food manufacturing environment.
Why Should You Attend:
Undeclared allergens are a Class I FDA recall. Allergen recalls have risen to the second most frequent FDA recalls since 2010. FSMA gives the FDA increased authority to mandate recalls. Allergen sufferers are also on the rise, especially among children. In fact, almost 40% of children with food allergies have severe reactions to those allergens.
Avoidance is the primary defense for food allergen sufferers. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer to control and properly label food allergens to assist this growing and vulnerable population.
This 90-minute webinar will provide a comprehensive understanding of food allergens and the risks involved. You will learn proven and practical methods/ processes to manage food allergens from development to labeling in a food manufacturing environment.
- Have an understanding of food allergens and the risks involved
- Familiarize with the knowledge of allergens and their alternatives
- Recognize the presence of allergens through labeling review
- Employ GMPs to prevent cross contamination
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Regulations and Recalls
- Description of the most common allergies and their aliases.
- Anatomy of an allergy
- Segregation and control during processing
- Testing for verification
- Knowledge Assessment
- Attendance Acknowledgement
Who will benefit:
Food manufacturing employees at all levels will benefit from attending this webinar.
- Executives from Purchasing
- Quality Assurance or Control
- Food Manufacturing Operations or Production and Sanitation
- Customers who want to understand best practices that they should require of their suppliers will benefit
- Food Safety Consultants and Auditors, responsible for assessment of supplier's quality programs or systems will find helpful information here
- Facilities and personnel responsible for packaging and/or labeling food products
Melinda Allen, is a Food Safety and Quality Consultant in the Food Industry. Her clients have included leaders in the field such as Burger King, Panda Express and Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen. Melinda has had a long and dedicated career of Quality Assurance and Food Safety leadership with companies such as YUM Brands and Quiznos. In these roles she has written and monitored the implementation of Supplier Quality Requirements and assisted many of the industries manufacturers in the commercialization of products, writing of programs across many food and non food categories.
ComplianceOnline would process/provide refund if the Live Webinar has been cancelled. The attendee could choose between the recorded version of the webinar or refund for any cancelled webinar. Refunds will not be given to participants who do not show up for the webinar. On-Demand Recordings can be requested in exchange.
Webinar may be cancelled due to lack of enrolment or unavoidable factors. Registrants will be notified 24hours in advance if a cancellation occurs. Substitutions can happen any time.
If you have any concern about the content of the webinar and not satisfied please contact us at below email or by call mentioning your feedback for resolution of the matter.
We respect feedback/opinions of our customers which enables us to improve our products and services. To contact us please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-650-620-3937.
This training hasn't been reviewed yet.
Allergen Control Strategies for Food Manufacturers Pathogen Control Programs for food Manufacturers NLEA Regulation for Retail and Foodservice Labeling - Government Mandate and Additional Verbiage to Increase Food Safety and Brand Protection Food Allergen Programs - Current Trends, Technologies and Risk Mitigation