Read Frequently Asked Questions
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) Webinar
In this Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) webinar training understand the prohibited and exempted actions as per FCPA act, how to find the non compliance issues and how to implement FCPA compliance policies and procedures in your organization.
Why Should You Attend:
Companies that sell products and services internationally must understand the actions that can lead to prosecution under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). Attention to be given to the fact that the federal government has become more active on the FCPA enforcement front and a number of senior executives have faced fines, loss of their jobs and reputation and suspended jail sentences. But simple preventative measures can avoid large civil fines and even prison terms for company directors, officers and employees.
Attend this FCPA webinar to understand what actions are prohibited and what are exempted from FCPA act, how to avoid becoming the object of a governmental enforcement investigation and understanding the pitfalls of the 2010 U.K. Bribery Act.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Prohibited actions and penalties under the FCPA.
- You can be held liable for the actions of foreign subsidiaries, suppliers, or rogue employees.
- Actions that are exempt from FCPA prosecution by the Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Lessons learned from recent FCPA cases
- Writing, implementing and assessing FCPA compliance policies and procedures.
- Red flags that could indicate non-compliance.
- Advice for training staff, both within and outside the U.S.
- Internal investigations—when to conduct one, who should conduct it, and what to do if you find evidence of non-compliance.
- Issues that can arise during employee interviews and collection of electronic records.
Who Will Benefit:
- Compliance officers
- Executive management
- General/corporate counsel
- Regulatory/legislative affairs professionals
- Risk management specialists
- Sales/marketing personnel
- Training personnel
- Outside attorneys
- Finance staff/auditors
- International business operations
Jon Groetzinger, is a Visiting Professor of Law at Case Western Reserve University School of Law in Cleveland, Ohio. He teaches courses in International Business Transactions, International Trade and Development, Business Associations and Doing Business in the U.S.
Before becoming a full-time faculty member, Professor Groetzinger had almost 30 years of international business practice experience, including representing one of the country’s largest corporations before a U.S. Congressional subcommittee against allegations of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations.
In addition to his practice with outside law firms, he served more than a dozen years as Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of American Greetings, listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
He has also been CEO of both domestic and international businesses. He has chaired national and regional General Counsel associations and appeared on TV and been quoted on international corporate matters in Forbes, USA Today, China Post, Times of India, ABC, CBS and NBC News, among other media.
ComplianceOnline would process/provide refund only if the Live Webinar has been cancelled. The attendee could choose between the recorded version of the webinar or refund for any cancelled webinar. Refunds will not be given to participants who do not show up for the webinar. On-Demand Recordings can be requested in exchange. Webinar may be cancelled due to lack of enrolment or unavoidable factors. Registrants will be notified 24hours in advance if a cancellation occurs."
For substitution, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-650-620-3937.
This training hasn't been reviewed yet.
Dealing with Anti-Corruption Laws and Whistleblower Rules - Corporate Governance Training Package (3 Courses) Finance Training Suite on IFRS, Foreign Corrupt Practices, FCPA, P2P Metrics and Travel Claim Fraud Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and International Anti-Bribery Webinar Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and International Anti-Bribery Course (2 Course Webinar)