HIPAA - The Requirements for a Compliance Program
President, Colington Consulting - HIPAA Compliance Services | Speaker
Coming soon.. Please contact customer care for new schedule
With an increase in HIPAA enforcement and Phase 2 audits underway, many organizations need to fully understand the requirements of a compliance program.
Being in compliance with HIPAA involves not only ensuring you provide the appropriate patient rights and controls on your uses and disclosures of protected health information, but you also have the proper policies and procedures in place. If audited or the subject of a compliance review you will be required to show the government you have all the necessary documentation in place for safeguarding patient Protected Health Information and indicate how you addressed all required security safeguards. This starts with the fundamentals of a HIPAA compliance program
If your healthcare practice, business, or organization needs to understand how to put HIPAA compliance program in place or make sure the current program is adequate and can withstand government scrutiny, please join us for this informative and interactive 2 day training course.
Attendees will leave the course clearly understanding of all the requirements for a comprehensive HIPAA compliance program and what steps need to be taken to mitigate risk. The seminar will include practical exercise to assist in knowing how to develop, review, and amend HIPAA policy and procedure. After completing this course, a Covered Entity or Business Associate will have a clear roadmap for what needs to be place when it comes to all of the HIPAA regulations.
- Understand the requirements of the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules
- Learn what requirements must be in place for a HIPAA Compliance Program
- Understand what HIPAA Implementation Specifications are
- Learn how to conduct a HIPAA Risk Assessment
- Learn how to create and revise HIPAA policies and procedures
- Learn what HIPAA training requirements must be in place
- Look at case examples of HIPAA breaches and learn how to avoid them
- Learn how to create a culture of compliance within your organization
Seminar Fee Includes:
USB with seminar presentation
Hard copy of presentation
$100 Gift Cert for next seminar
- Why was HIPAA created?
- What is HITECH and the Omnibus Rule?
- Who Must Comply with HIPAA Requirements?
- What are the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules?
- What is a HIPAA Compliance Program?
- What is a HIPAA Risk Management Plan?
- What is meant by "Required" and "Addressable" Implementation Specifications?
- What are Administrative, Technical, and Physical Safeguards Requirements?
- HIPAA policy and procedure practical exercise
- What is a HIPAA Risk Assessment?
- Risk Assessment practical exercise
- What are HIPAA training requirements?
- What is a HIPAA data breach and what happens if it occurs?
- What are the penalties and fines for non-compliance and how to avoid them?
- Creating a Culture of Compliance
Who will Benefit:
- Compliance Officer
- HIPAA Privacy Officer
- HIPAA Security Officer
- Medical/Dental Office Managers
- Practice Managers
- Information Systems Manager
- Chief Information Officer
- General Counsel/lawyer
- Practice Management Consultants
- Any Business Associates that accesses protected health information
- IT Companies that support Medical/Dental practices or other healthcare organizations
|Day One (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
||Day Two (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
Registration Process: 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM
Session Start Time: 9:00 AM
Session 1 (90 Mins):
- What is HIPAA, HITECH & the Omnibus Rule
- HIPAA Enforcement
- Case Examples
Session 2 (90 Mins):
- HIPAA Privacy Rule Requirements
- Authorized and Permitted Disclosures
- Marketing in a HIPAA compliant world
Session 3 (90 Mins):
- HIPAA Security Rule Requirements
- Administrative, Technical, and Physical Safeguards
- Implementation Specifications
- How to Conduct a HIPAA Risk Assessment
Session 4 (90 Mins):
- Risk Assessment Practical Exercise
Session 5 (90 Mins):
- Review of Risk Assessment Practical Exercise
- Remediation and Required Follow Up
- HIPAA Data Breaches
Session 6 (90 Mins):
- What Policies and Procedures Must be Covered
- HIPAA Risk Management Plans
- Developing, Reviewing and Amending Policy and Procedure
Session 7 (90 Mins):
- Policy and Procedure - Practical Exercise
Session 8 (90 Mins):
- Review Policy and Procedure Practical Exercise
- HIPAA & Social Media; Patient Testimonials
- Selecting a HIPAA Consultant
- Creating a Culture of Compliance
- Summary & Closing Remarks
Meet Your Instructor
President, Colington Consulting - HIPAA Compliance Services | Speaker
Jay Hodes is a leading expert in HIPAA compliance and President of Colington Consulting. His company provides HIPAA consulting services for healthcare providers and business associates. Mr. Hodes has over 30 years of combined experience in risk assessments, site security evaluation, regulatory compliance, policy and procedures assessments, and Federal law enforcement management. He is the former Assistant Inspector General for Investigations at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Mr. Hodes has been the keynote speaker and provided presentations regarding HIPAA compliance to many professional healthcare organizations. He has published over 35 educational articles regarding HIPAA compliance, been featured in Part B News articles, the Report on Patient Privacy, provided a guest post in the Electronic Health Reporter, and provided advice on HIPAA compliance to Renal & Urology News and the Virtru.com blog.
Mr. Hodes is a member of member of the American Institute of Healthcare Compliance, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, American Society for Industrial Security, Metro Collaborative, the Practice Management Association of Northern Virginia, the Health Technology Forum: DC, Association of Elderservice Professionals (VA) and the Loudoun Seniors Interest Network.
Mr. Hodes is certified by the New Jersey Board of Dentistry and the Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners to provide continuing education classes in HIPAA compliance. In his free time, Mr. Hodes is a volunteer for Lab Rescue of the Labrador Retriever Club of the Potomac and the non-profit organization, Outer Banks Sporting Events.
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "HIPAA - The Requirements for a Compliance Program".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2479 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to Register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment is required 2 days before the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company).
Cancellations and substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $200 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days before the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($200) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite, payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available, we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee, an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant 5 working days before the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference, you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to ComplianceOnline using these photos and videos for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline from any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: email@example.com
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner To Do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the media partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the magazine and/or website.
- Dedicated email blast to media partner’s subscribers.
- Article on the magazine and/or website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Cruise Webster: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: (207) 576-4173
Walt Disney World Resort
This massive, world-famous theme park includes Magic Kingdom Park, Disney - MGM Studios, Epcot, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, and more.
Magic Kingdom Park
Opened in October of 1971. One of the most famous theme parks in the world featuring Cinderella's castle with classic rides like Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Country Bear Jamboree, Hall of Presidents, etc. Frontierland, Tomorrowland, Liberty Square, Adventureland, and Fantasyland, Great for families with kids 10 and younger.
Universal Studios Orlando
Theme studios park features Jaws, T2, Twister, Men In Black, etc. and various back lot sets used in the movies. CityWalk is an entertainment venue with many restaurants, night clubs, retails stores and a great party atmosphere. Movie theatre near the entrance. Also Hard Rock Cafe, Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, Emiril's, NASCAR Cafe.
Get close to nature with everything from a coral reef and tropical river swim to an aviary and sting ray lagoon at Discovery Cove, a park that's part sanctuary, part adventure.
Wet 'n Wild
Have a splashing good time at one of the country's premier water parks, offering rides for all ages.
Featuring open-air shopping, dining and entertainment, with more than 40 specialty retailers, delicious restaurants, and exciting entertainment.
Holy Land Experience
The Living Bible theme park features a re-creation of ancient Jerusalem, craft shops, performances, food stands, and the Temple of the Great King.