Read Frequently Asked Questions
How to Survive an Incident Involving Protected Health Information (PHI)
This PHI breach management webinar will assist your business in developing and implementing processes to investigate and mitigate an incident or breach of protected health information.
Why Should You Attend:
No covered entity is immune from a breach. Since the inception of the Breach Notification Rule, improper disclosures of protected health information meeting the definition of a breach has been on the rise. Between the years 2010 and 2011, the number of records improperly disclosed more than doubled. Over 7 million records were improperly disclosed in 2011 and 2012 is predicted to be higher. Improper use or disclosure of health information is costly and can often be avoided with strong internal awareness and procedures. Proper management, audit and pre-planning for incidents can significantly reduce your legal liability. Developing early investigation and mitigation practices can significantly reduce legal liability to your agency.
This course will provide an in depth understanding of OCR incident and mitigation requirements and what to expect from government regulatory agencies such as OCR. It will offer guidance on creating a strong incidence response plan. Areas of the response plan include development and implementation of response teams, training of staff, early detection, evaluation, response and managing the long term breach consequences. Discussion will also identify practical “dos” and address damaging.
Areas Covered in The Webinar:
- Creating an incident response process.
- Risk analysis requirements to determine if an incident is a violation or a breach.
- Report and response to an incident
- Determining whether an incident should be reported.
- What to expect when working with a federal regulatory agency.
Who Will Benefit:
- Medical records administrators
- Release of records professionals
- Health information directors
- Compliance administrators
- Hospital administrators
- Office managers
- Business managers
De Anna Greene
- Compliance Officer
- Areas of expertise include international privacy and security standards and best practices to include HIPAA and HITECH, disability accommodations expert, direct care, health care operations, transitional care, and health care fraud and abuse.
- Presents on privacy and security laws and compliance, including the 2013 Medical Records Law in Wyoming Conference, 2012 Medical Records Law in Wyoming Conference, 2008 Rocky Mountain Architects Association Conference, 2006 Rocky Mountain College Association, and numerous conferences sponsored by Wyoming Department of Health.
- Published in the NADR Journal, Privacy and One-Stop Shops, and the Journal of Music Therapy, Color and Music’s Impact on Emotions.
- Graduate work in rehabilitation counseling, Montana State University; Internship, Mercy Hospital, Williston, North Dakota; B.A. degree in music therapy, performance, and psychology, Montana State University; A.A. degree in music education, Northwest College.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional, CIPP/IT, CIPP/G (government specialization), member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals and IAPP Government Certification Advisory Board member.
ComplianceOnline would process/provide refund if the Live Webinar has been cancelled. The attendee could choose between the recorded version of the webinar or refund for any cancelled webinar. Refunds will not be given to participants who do not show up for the webinar. On-Demand Recordings can be requested in exchange.
Webinar may be cancelled due to lack of enrolment or unavoidable factors. Registrants will be notified 24hours in advance if a cancellation occurs. Substitutions can happen any time.
If you have any concern about the content of the webinar and not satisfied please contact us at below email or by call mentioning your feedback for resolution of the matter.
We respect feedback/opinions of our customers which enables us to improve our products and services. To contact us please email email@example.com or call +1-650-620-3937.
This training hasn't been reviewed yet.