HR Metrics and Analytics 2016: 2-Day In-person Seminar
Senior Human Resources Consultant
San Francisco, CA
| Thursday, November 3, 2016 | Friday, November 4, 2016
|Course "HR Metrics and Analytics 2016: 2-Day In-person Seminar" has been pre-approved by HRCI as eligible for 13.5 credits towards a participant's recertification upon full completion.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program”.
To be ahead of the game, HR professionals need to look out the windshield, not the rear view mirror. Keeping track of employee turnover and absenteeism are examples of HR metrics, not HR analytics. Metrics are data based on historical performance. They are useful in measuring progress, but they do nothing to help you make decisions that will change the future.
This workshop will teach participants how to identify the key human drivers that explain why some workers are high performing, what truly motivates people to work harder, what training courses deliver the most value to the Company and much more.
HR professionals have powerful intuitions and strong hunches, but to "sell" their ideas, they need data to back them up. This Seminar will help HR professionals test hypotheses and make a "business case" for their ideas.
Today, HR leaders can easily use technology to develop analytics and make key predictive decisions.
- Difference between analytics and metrics
- How analytics can be used to significantly help the business
- Case studies to demonstrate real life projects
- How to develop an analytics model
- Data needed and how to use Excel to develop analytic formulas
- Using analytics in selection process, the biggest opportunity in the HR area
Seminar Fee Includes:
USB with seminar presentation
Hard copy of presentation
$100 Gift Cert for next seminar
- Availability and use of HR data
- HR Metrics
- Hypothesis generation
- Pre-identifying the desired outcome
- What to do with Predictive Analytics findings
- Selecting the right interventions
- Mixing art and science
Who Will Benefit:
This session will be of interest to all Global HR professionals with strategic responsibilities. But, specific HR functions will benefit from HR Analytics as follows:
- Organization Development professionals will learn how to identify attributes of high performing employees
- Recruiters will have tangible factors on which to decide whether candidates go forward or not
- Hiring Managers can expect less training time and faster ramp-up time of new hires.
- Co-workers will observe and appreciate new employees who fit the job and culture.
- Compensation professionals will design very effective incentive plans based on statistically proven skills and behaviors.
- Trainers will be able to identify or design training programs that have the most leverage on improving business performance.
- HR Professionals
- HR Manager
- Planning and Audit Managers
- Business Analysts
- HR Heads
- Department Managers
- Risk Managers
- Team Lead/Managers
|Day One (8:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
||Day Two (8:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
8:30- 8:45: Registration Process
8:45- 9:00: If you could see the future, how would you use this gift in your job?
9:00- 10:00: Introduction to HR Analytics.
- What is HR Analytics
- How is it different from marketing, risk and other analytics
- How is Analytics different from metrics
10:00- 11:00: Case Studies on HR Analytics
- Capital One
11:00- 12:00 Designing the Analytics Models
- Assessing the availability and veracity of data
- What is your outcome variable (“Y” Variable)
- How to select the “Y” Variable
- How to determine the “X” variables
- Examples of “X” and “Y” variables
12:00- 1:00: Lunch
1:00- 1:30: Collecting the data
- Output data versus subjective data
- Developing a powerful and validated survey
- Open-ended (narrative) questions
- Engagement Survey, bi-product of the process
- The need for calibration
1:30- 2:00: Processing the data
- New Software
- How to select the data processing tool
2:00- 4:00: Let’s talk (Small Groups)
- What is your desired “Y” Variable?
- Why did you select it?
- What is the business case to for this project?
- How “solid” is your “Y” variable data
- What is your hypothesis on what drives the “Y” variable?
- Do you have the “X” variable data?
4:00- 4:30: Group Debrief
4:30- 5:00: Summary, Reflections and Agenda for Tomorrow
8:30- 8:45: Meet and Greet
8:45- 9:30: Basic statistics and analytical tools
9:30- 11:30 Small Group exercise – developing powerful analytic model for your project
- Describe your proposed project with partner(s)
- Elicit feedback from partners on the project. (How solid is the data? How available is it? What is your desired outcome variable (“Y” variable). How will you generate the “X” variables? How will you test them?
- Select 3 or 4 projects among all of them and assign a team for each project.
- Begin the analyses using excel and/or other statistical software.
- Identify preliminary findings
11:30- 12:00: Present to other participants
12:00- 1:00: Lunch
1:00- 2:00 Completing the Diagnostic Phase: What is next?
- Discuss presentations. What was done well? Was the data there? Good Y variable? Did they miss any possible X variables? How was their analysis and use of analytic software?
2:00- 2:30: New trends in HR Analytics
2:30- 3:30: Other uses for HR Analytics
- Motivating others
- Manpower Planning
3:30- 5:00: Selecting the right intervention after completing HR Analytics
Meet Your Instructor
Senior Human Resources Consultant
Tom Palladino has held numerous HR leadership positions in companies that included Conoco Phillips, Starbucks Coffee, Wells Fargo, Capital One, First Data and Green Plains Renewable Energy.
His interest in HR Analytics started in 1998 while he was consulting for Starbucks. At that time Starbucks was growing rapidly around the world. Tom was tasked with designing a methodology that would identify employee attributes that correlate with business performance. His HR analytics model was initially applied to new subsidiaries in Asia and Europe enabling the company to inculcate select Starbucks values to create a “performance-driven brew”. Later, Tom’s protocol was successfully applied throughout the United States.
In his HR leadership positions, Tom consistently applied analytics to identify high-leverage HR practices that delivered the highest possible business results.
In 2012, Tom started Refined Analytics (refinedanalytics.com) and has delivered powerful diagnostics and solutions to companies that include RE/MAX, Micron, PepperJax Grill and other organizations around the world.
Today, Tom is focusing on clients in India, China and Indonesia. He is also on the faculty of a university based in Iowa where he teaches Human Resources, Change Management and Lean Six Sigma.
Tom has his bachelor’s degree in Labor Relations from Cornell University and a graduate degree in Dispute Resolution from Creighton University. He resides in Omaha, Nebraska.
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "HR Metrics and Analytics 2016: 2-Day In-person Seminar".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2479 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to Register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment is required 2 days before the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company).
Cancellations and substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $100 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days before the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($100) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite, payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available, we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee, an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant 5 working days before the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference, you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to ComplianceOnline using these photos and videos for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline from any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
San Francisco, CA(Venue to be announced shortly)
November 3-4, 2016
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: email@example.com
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media Partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner to do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the Media Partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the Magazine and/or Website.
- Dedicated email blast to all subscribers of Media Partner.
- Article on the Magazine and/or Website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Cruise Webster: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: (207) 576-4173
Think Escape Party Bus
San Francisco Bay Area
Board a luxurious Think Escape party bus or limo and be whisked away to San Francisco's hottest nightclubs where VIP treatment brings all party bus guests to the front of the line. Planning the perfect night on the town is easy with Think Escape's fleet of luxury buses and extended vehicles, each with different amenities for socializing and transport. Think Escape's Bay Area party bus rentals include free entry into selected exclusive nightclubs, professional hostess and chauffer, in-vehicle coolers stocked with amenities for a perfect night of partying.
Alcatraz Lunch Cruise
The Alcatraz Lunch Cruise is a luxurious way to get to see some of San Francisco’s favorite sights. A gourmet lunch buffet features options like asiago Caesar salad, bay shrimp salad, roasted chicken, garlic-herb roasted new potatoes and more. While guests enjoy lunch, they can take in views of San Francisco Bay’s flora and fauna, Angel Island and Alcatraz, and a live narration explores the history of Alcatraz. Please note that this tour doesn’t stop on Alcatraz Island.
Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise
A relaxing way to explore the San Francisco Bay is with the Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise. A drink bar and snacks are available for travelers’ enjoyment as they travel under the Golden Gate Bridge, around Alcatraz Island and even past a colony of sea lions. This is a peaceful San Francisco cruise option for families, and children under 5 ride for free.
City Kayak, located on San Francisco's Embarcadero close to the San Francisco Giant's ATT Park, offers a great way to experience San Francisco from Bay level, a point of view and a unique experience you'll not soon forget.
Think Escape Casino Tour
San Francisco Bay Area
San Franciscans may be familiar with Think Escape's party buses that shuttle the late-night crowds to and from various city nightclubs, but the Cache Creek Casino Escape is a little-known gem among Bay Area destinations. With personal charter service on the luxurious Fantasy Limo Bus to Cache Creek Casino and Resort, the Cache Creek Casino Escape tour is a smart choice for San Franciscans looking for a little gaming fun or planning a large group activity