Read Frequently Asked Questions
Internal Audit and Risk Mitigation - Effective and practical use of the COSO and COBiT methodologies
This Internal audit training is to align the audit risk assessment, audit ecosystem, audit plan, and audit engagements with the larger organization’s strategy, vision, and values.
The focus of the training session is to align the audit risk assessment, audit ecosystem, audit plan, and audit engagements with the larger organization's strategy, vision, and values. This course has been designed for those engaged in mitigating operational risk (especially Internal Auditiors) to:
- Understand the importance of corporate governance and enterprise risk management
- Identify risks to corporate strategy
- Critically review key business processes and objectives
- Perform a risk assessment
- Develop a risk-based assurance plan
- Understand entity-wide controls and their relevance in the audit plan
- Plan a risk-based engagement
Areas Covered in the seminar:
What is the role of Internal Audit in the assessing of risk? What is Internal Audit's key responsibilites in risk based audits?
- US Audit Performance Standard 2130.A1
- Elements of a Good Ethics Program
- Assuring Corporate Governance - Critical to mitigating risk
- Inherent and Residual Risk
- Risk Management Assumptions
- Benefits of Risk Management
- COSO Control and ERM Frameworks
- Factors and Points of Focus
- Limitations of Internal Control
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Entity Wide Risk Assessment
- Audit Plan
- Risk-based Audit Engagement
- Risk Events
- Determiniation Key controls with the new emphasis on business process re-engineering
- How to begin planning a risk assessment for the enterprise
Who Will Benefit:
This webinar is recommended for all managers and professionals who need to understand the design points of an effective risk management and compliance program. Non Auditors are also welcome as we believe the most effective risk management programs are effected by cross-organizational and cross-functional teams.
- Company Leadership (the “C” Level)
- Chief Risk and Compliance Officers
- Internal Auditors (Financial and IT)
- IT and Security Process Owners
- Finance and Accounting Managers
Vic Datta, CPA, is the CEO of Resilicore, Inc. a firm specializing in driving breakthrough and resilient growth at its clients by the expert application of advanced risk management techniques and technologies. With 19 years of total work experience, Vic has been a management consultant and auditor for 12 most recent years. Vic is an experienced professional speaker and has acted in the role of Compliance and Governance Subject Matter Expert for risk management and compliance, training and consulting. He has documented processes, performed walkthroughs, identified and evaluated financial and technological risks to strengthen internal controls related to Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and Audit and Accounting Controls directives.
ComplianceOnline would process/provide refund if the Live Webinar has been cancelled. The attendee could choose between the recorded version of the webinar or refund for any cancelled webinar. Refunds will not be given to participants who do not show up for the webinar. On-Demand Recordings can be requested in exchange.
Webinar may be cancelled due to lack of enrolment or unavoidable factors. Registrants will be notified 24hours in advance if a cancellation occurs. Substitutions can happen any time.
If you have any concern about the content of the webinar and not satisfied please contact us at below email or by call mentioning your feedback for resolution of the matter.
We respect feedback/opinions of our customers which enables us to improve our products and services. To contact us please email email@example.com or call +1-650-620-3937.
This training hasn't been reviewed yet.