Internal Control Best Practices for your Procure to Pay (P2P) Process
Chris Doxey, Consultant, Internal Controls and Business Process Best Practices
Coming soon.. Please contact customer care for new schedule
This two day seminar will focus on internal controls best practices for the Procure to Pay (P2P) process. Attendees will learn about internal controls best practices by reviewing the Internal Controls Questionnaires (ICQ) for each component of the P2P process. The course material will highlight the impact that the P2P process can have on an organization and will also indicate the key risks that must be considered within a P2P internal controls program.
The course will follow an Internal Controls Questionnaire (ICQ) approach to the course material that will review each key transaction within the P2P process. This knowledge will then be applied to the analysis of real life case studies from all components of the P2P process that include: procurement, receiving, and accounts payable (AP).
This workshop will:
- Present attendees with a unique opportunity to discuss what went wrong to determine the key internal controls that were missing.
- Spotlight the three critical corporate controls, the standards of internal control for P2P, and the top twenty controls for AP.
- Detail dependencies and interdependencies of the P2P process and its crucial impact on all supplier disbursements.
- Review the impact of regulatory compliance on the P2P process and will discuss current trends in the internal controls process.
Attendees will receive a full set of leading practice Procure to Pay (P2P) internal controls which include a comprehensive listing of all the risks and controls for:
- Supplier Selection and Management
- Purchasing and Ordering
- Invoice Processing
These leading practices were developed from several years of experience in the internal controls field and from working with 30 Top Fortune 100 companies. This approach has not only helped improve P2P processes but has set the foundation for detecting and preventing fraud.
On completing this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the three corporate critical controls and how to implement policies and procedures to enforce them.
- Identify the control risks and ‘fraud flags’ within the P2P process.
- Obtain a complete toolkit that contains the standards of internal controls for the P2P process.
- Define and implement the top twenty controls for the accounts payable process.
- Develop an Internal Controls Questionnaire (ICQ) for each component of the P2P process.
- Define the regulatory requirements that impact the P2P process.
- Apply concepts and tools to real life fraud case studies and define the internal control weaknesses.
- Define an action plan on how to implement a new or enhanced P2P internal controls program.
- Apply current trends in internal controls program to enable continuous controls monitoring and other best practices.
Who Will Benefit:
This best practices seminar will benefit professionals interested in improving the P2P internal controls program and preventing the risk of fraud for their companies. This includes:
- Internal Audit Executives
- Internal Control Professionals
- Shared Service Executives
- Accounts Payable Managers and Directors
- Procurement Managers and Directors
The term Purchase to Pay (P2P) emerged in the 1990s and is one of a number of other buzz phrases that emerged as internet applications became used more widely in business and accounting processes. The P2P process is an integral process for all companies; however, due to the large number of transactions within the process and the larges dollars that are disbursed through the accounts payable function, the P2P business process is subject to a significant amount of risk that requires a laser focus on internal controls.
|Day 1 (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
||Day 2 (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
- 8:30 – 9:00 AM: Registration
- 9:00 AM: Session Start Time
- Overview of the Course Material
- Learning Objectives
- Introduction to the Purchase to Pay (P2P) Business Process
- The Corporate Impact of the P2P Business Process
- Introduction to the Internal Controls Questionnaire (ICQ) and Standards of Internal Control Approach
- The Three Critical Corporate Controls
- Delegation of Authority (DoA)
- Segregation of Duties (SoD)
- Systems Access
- Component 1: Procurement
- Contract Management and Controls
- Requisition Management
- Purchase Order Management
- Procurement Case Studies
- Component 2: The Receiving Process
- Evaluation Receipt Settlement (ERS)
- Purchase Order Matching
- Receiving Case Studies
- Day 1 Wrap-Up
- Recap of Day 1
- Component 3: The Accounts Payable (AP) Process
- The Top Twenty AP Controls
- Supplier Master File
- Invoice Processing
- Accounting and Closing Controls
- AP Case Studies
- Component 4: Special Accounts Payable (AP) Topics
- The Impact of Regulatory Compliance on Your Supplier Master
- Anti-Corruption Controls and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Trends in P2P Internal Controls
- Continuous Controls Monitoring (CCM)
- Controls Self-Assessment (CSA)
- Questions and Discussion
- Course Wrap-Up
- Questions and Discussions
Meet Your Instructor
Consultant, Internal Controls and Business Process Best Practices
Chris Doxey has held senior finance and controller positions at Digital Equipment Corporation, Compaq Computer Corporation, Hewlett Packard, MCI, APEX Analytix, and BSI Healthcare. She has a bachelor's degree in English, a bachelor's in accounting, a master's in business administration, and a graduate certificate in project management. As a management consultant, Ms. Doxey uses her foundation of experience to provide best practices and solutions to her clients in the areas of compliance, auditing, internal controls, and fraud prevention. She also serves as the Executive Director of the Controller Certification Program for the IOFM.
Ms. Doxey is a Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP), holds a Certification in Controls Self - Assessment (CSA), is a Certified Internal Controls Auditor (CICA), and is a Certified Professional Controller (CPC). She has authored The Controller’s Best Practices Guide and The Controller’s Best Practices Guide to the Financial Close for the IOFM and IMA. She has also published two handbooks: AP Leadership Skills and Implementing a Controls Self -Assessment Program for Accounts Payable. She writes articles, blogs, and whitepapers for professional organizations and solution providers. She also provides several webinars and presentations throughout the year.
Ms. Doxey is a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), the Institute for Internal Controls (The IIC), the Institute of Financial Operations (IFO), and the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA). She is a board member of the IMA’s Ethics Committee and Research Foundation. She is also a member of the advisory board for The IIC and is president of the Washington DC area chapter for both the IFO and the IIC organizations.
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "Internal Control Best Practices for your Procure to Pay (P2P) Process".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2479 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to Register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ email@example.com
Payment is required 2 days before the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company).
Cancellations and substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $200 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days before the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($200) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite, payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available, we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee, an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant 5 working days before the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference, you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to ComplianceOnline using these photos and videos for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline from any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner To Do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the media partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the magazine and/or website.
- Dedicated email blast to media partner’s subscribers.
- Article on the magazine and/or website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Cruise Webster: email@example.com
call us: (207) 576-4173
Think Escape Party Bus
San Francisco Bay Area
Board a luxurious Think Escape party bus or limo and be whisked away to San Francisco's hottest nightclubs where VIP treatment brings all party bus guests to the front of the line. Planning the perfect night on the town is easy with Think Escape's fleet of luxury buses and extended vehicles, each with different amenities for socializing and transport. Think Escape's Bay Area party bus rentals include free entry into selected exclusive nightclubs, professional hostess and chauffer, in-vehicle coolers stocked with amenities for a perfect night of partying.
Alcatraz Lunch Cruise
The Alcatraz Lunch Cruise is a luxurious way to get to see some of San Francisco’s favorite sights. A gourmet lunch buffet features options like asiago Caesar salad, bay shrimp salad, roasted chicken, garlic-herb roasted new potatoes and more. While guests enjoy lunch, they can take in views of San Francisco Bay’s flora and fauna, Angel Island and Alcatraz, and a live narration explores the history of Alcatraz. Please note that this tour doesn’t stop on Alcatraz Island.
Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise
A relaxing way to explore the San Francisco Bay is with the Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise. A drink bar and snacks are available for travelers’ enjoyment as they travel under the Golden Gate Bridge, around Alcatraz Island and even past a colony of sea lions. This is a peaceful San Francisco cruise option for families, and children under 5 ride for free.
City Kayak, located on San Francisco's Embarcadero close to the San Francisco Giant's ATT Park, offers a great way to experience San Francisco from Bay level, a point of view and a unique experience you'll not soon forget.
Think Escape Casino Tour
San Francisco Bay Area
San Franciscans may be familiar with Think Escape's party buses that shuttle the late-night crowds to and from various city nightclubs, but the Cache Creek Casino Escape is a little-known gem among Bay Area destinations. With personal charter service on the luxurious Fantasy Limo Bus to Cache Creek Casino and Resort, the Cache Creek Casino Escape tour is a smart choice for San Franciscans looking for a little gaming fun or planning a large group activity