Read Frequently Asked Questions
Full-day Virtual Seminar : Navigating the Japan Regulatory and Clinical Trial Environment; Conducting Clinical Studies in Japan
This Japan Regulatory and Clinical Trial Requirements training will cover Japan Regulatory Agency Structure and Responsibilities, its review process for decision-making and approval, requirements for clinical trials in Japan and the procedures for conducting clinical studies in the country and reporting them.
Why Should You Attend:
This 6 hour virtual seminar will help you gain a comprehensive understanding of the Regulatory Structure, Clinical Trial Requirements and the Conduct of Running Clinical Research in Japan. It will prepare you for the regulatory approval processes, Agency meetings, the complexities of running studies in Japan, the importance of partner selection and add the cultural knowledge needed for success. The recent changes made by PMDA to be more sponsor-friendly will be reviewed. Real world experiences on actual interactions with the Agency since these changes, will also be discussed.
Agenda: (All time in EDT)
- 10:00 am EDT to 12:00 noon (Session I)
- 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm (Lunch)
- 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm (Session II)
- 3:00 to 3:15 pm (Break)
- 3:15 to 3:45 pm (Conclusions and Final Comments)
- 3:45 - 4:00 pm (Q&A Session)
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
Part I: Japan Regulatory Compliance
- Overview of Japan's Healthcare System.
- Japan's Regulatory Agency's Structure and Responsibilities.
- Japanese Drug Development Process.
- Agency Review Process for Decision-Making.
- Country Establishment Licensing & Procedures – Requirements for Conducting Clinical Research.
- Japan and ICH (International Conference on Harmonization).
- Requirements for Clinical Trials in Japan.
- Japan's Desire for Innovative Products.
- How Japan Wants to be Involved in Clinical Trials.
- The Changing PMDA.
- Conducting Meetings with the Agency.
- Japanese Philosophy in Risk Evaluation.
- How to Apply for Clinical Trials in Japan; the CTA.
- Amending the CTA.
Part II: Conducting Clinical Studies in Japan
- Japan's Clinical Investigational Plan (CIP).
- Likely Parameters Defining Clinical Trials; What to Anticipate.
- Clinical Trial Start-Up; GCP and GMP Requirements.
- Importing the IMP & Supplies into Japan.
- Product Labeling Requirements.
- Finding & Hiring CROs in Japan.
- Conducting Clinical Trials in Japan.
- Special Product Considerations.
- Clinical Trial Pharmacovigilance Reporting.
- CT Close-out and Reporting Requirements.
- Cultural Aspects – Working in Japan.
- Effectively Working with the Regulators; Do's and Don'ts, Practical Experiences Shared.
Who Will Benefit:
This course will be beneficial to:
- Clinical / Pharma & Device personnel
- Clinical Trial Project Managers
- Monitors / CRAs
- QA / QC Personnel
- Pharmacovigilance reporting personnel
- Regulatory personnel whose responsibilities require knowledge of Japan's Regulatory and Clinical Trial environment
- Global Supply Chain personnel
- Manufacturing personnel
- Global Business Development personnel
- All personnel who need to understand the procedures and impact of placing Medical Devices on the Market across the EU
Robert J. Russell, (Bob) is the President of RJR Consulting, Inc. RJR Consulting Inc. specializes in understanding global regulatory issues for the pharmaceutical industry. Bob has more than 25 years of experience working with FDA and the Commission on technical issues as they relate to policy development, regulation, clinical trial and the medical device development process.
Prior to entering the consulting field, Mr. Russell was the Global Director of Regulatory Affairs for two Fortune 100 firms. These companies were major raw material suppliers to the pharmaceutical and medical device industry and one a joint-venture parent of a major pharmaceutical division.
ComplianceOnline would process/provide refund only if the Live Webinar has been cancelled. The attendee could choose between the recorded version of the webinar or refund for any cancelled webinar. Refunds will not be given to participants who do not show up for the webinar. On-Demand Recordings can be requested in exchange. Webinar may be cancelled due to lack of enrolment or unavoidable factors. Registrants will be notified 24hours in advance if a cancellation occurs."
For substitution, please email email@example.com or call +1-650-620-3937.
This training hasn't been reviewed yet.
Robert J Russell
Japan - Regulatory Filing Requirements and Compliance Processes for Life Sciences PART I The EU Clinical Trial Directive Latin America - Understanding Regulatory Compliance Requirements Across Life Science Industry PART I European Filing and Registration Procedures