Project management tools to improve productivity and compliance in Analytical laboratories
Dr. Jay Nair, Managing Partner - Analytical CMC Consulting LLC
Coming soon.. Please contact customer care for new schedule
The pressure has been mounting in the pharma and biopharma industries in recent years to do more with less. Analytical laboratories are no exception to this trend. Work piles up while personnel have been cut or remain stagnant. Accelerated timelines further strain resources. Constant firefighting and band-aiding results in errors as well as compliance violations. It can be argued that the cost of non-compliance is more than that of compliance.
Often Project Management (PM) tools have been reduced to Gantt charts in many pharma and biotech companies. Applying the principles of PM can bring order, planning, predictability and overall sanity to any lab management and personnel.
In this two day workshop you will learn the different tools of PM, proper mind set/expectations and sound lean lab management program skills in order to develop and implement efficient techniques. Through case study analysis we will examine best practices to provide thoughts and ideas to develop and improve the performance of your current system. Additionally, case studies will explore how management practices of your laboratory program can help or hurt your compliance liability and the legal issues that arise from nonconformance.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
Upon completing this course participants should be able to:
- Understand what the global best PM practices are for analytical testing laboratories
- Utilize a systematic risk based approach to developing an effective and scientifically justified method development, validation and technology transfer process
- Evaluate effectiveness, suitability and adaptability of Gantt charts, Excel work sheets and other planning tools to increase lab efficiency
- Understand the difference between research testing and development testing.
- Investigate root causes of poor method performance in customer (QC) labs and to evaluate and prioritize solutions
- Problem solve method issues to help assess which is best for your situation
- Develop successful lab management implementation plans
- Perform risk assessments effectively
Seminar Fee Includes:
USB with seminar presentation
Hard copy of presentation
$100 Gift Cert for next seminar
Who will Benefit:
This course is designed for people tasked with developing, validating, maintaining and/or improving testing methods for pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries. This includes individuals that have Quality Control Laboratory responsibilities or method development responsibilities for small molecules or biologics. Anyone with a testing lab responsibility interested in making general improvements in their organization’s performance specifically related to efficiency, productivity or compliance can benefit. The following personnel is a sampling of who will benefit from this course:
- Senior Analytical managers
- Quality Control/Assurance professionals
- Regulatory professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Laboratory supervisors
- Process owners
- Quality auditors
- Analytical Specialists
|Day 1 (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
||Day 2 (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
- 8:30 – 9:00 AM: Registration
- 9:00 AM: Session Start Time
- Introduction to the language and tools of Project Management (PM)
- Defining the problems of a modern lab
- How PM tools enter into the process of lab management
- The NIH syndrome. How things get done here.
- The stages of drug development continuum
- Recent updated agency expectations
- Expected changes and resistance to change
- Global harmonization and expectations
- Prevention of “firefighting”
- Protection of must-do activities
- Managing the peaks and valleys of work load in any lab
- Planning, Managing and Monitoring
- Efficiency improvement studies
- Qualification in-situ and initial environmental monitoring studies
- Designing the program
- Fundamental considerations
- Policies and procedures
- Risk Management as a critical tool
- Defining the two basic focuses of Project Management Practices
- Controlling the number of firefights & increasing productivity
- Controlling and prioritizing compliance improvement
- Initial establishment of historical trends
- Establishment of a baseline lab productivity and compliance profile
- Initial monitoring
- Setting the goals
- Risk Analysis as a tool
- Setting expectations to Stakeholders
- Setting internal goals and expectations
- Method Transfer paradigms
- Review of FDA warning letters
- Case Study Exercise from current FDA Warning Letters
- Theoretical Case exercises
- Questions and Answers
Meet Your Instructor
||Dr. Jay Nair,
Managing Partner - Analytical CMC Consulting LLC
Dr. Jay Nair, PhD, is a CMC Leader with 27+ years' experience in analytical and cross-functional CMC leadership roles in all phases of oncology and other drug development projects ranging from IND filing to commercialization, including (s)NDA/MAA and BLA filings. Jay is experienced with small molecule, generics and biologics (including bio-similars) with emphasis on early approvals. As a certified Project Management Professional, he has a passion for applying project management principles to Drug Development & Quality Control.
Most recently, Jay was Executive Director for biologics at Bristol-Myers Squibb (2013-2015) responsible for the overall management of Analytical R&D for industry-leading pipeline of novel biologics. Prior, Jay was Senior Director, Analytical Sciences for Global Branded R&D at Teva Pharmaceuticals (2006-2012) where he headed all Analytical Sciences functions including GLP/GMP release and stability testing for small molecule and biologic products from pre IND to NDA/BLA including life cycle management. Jay also was Director of Research for Baxter (2002-2006) directing R&D of Parenteral products at worldwide facilities including global development partners.
Jay's core competencies include Biologics (large molecules); Small molecule Development and Analytical Development, R&D executive management, Project/Program Management, Validation and Qualification, CAPA, Investigations, Drug/Product Development, CMC Expertise, Quality and Compliance and FDA & other agency negotiations.
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "Project management tools to improve productivity and compliance in Analytical laboratories".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2479 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to Register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ email@example.com
Payment is required 2 days before the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company).
Cancellations and substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $200 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days before the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($200) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite, payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available, we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee, an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant 5 working days before the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference, you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to ComplianceOnline using these photos and videos for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline from any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner To Do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the media partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the magazine and/or website.
- Dedicated email blast to media partner’s subscribers.
- Article on the magazine and/or website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Cruise Webster: email@example.com
call us: (207) 576-4173
Think Escape Party Bus
San Francisco Bay Area
Board a luxurious Think Escape party bus or limo and be whisked away to San Francisco's hottest nightclubs where VIP treatment brings all party bus guests to the front of the line. Planning the perfect night on the town is easy with Think Escape's fleet of luxury buses and extended vehicles, each with different amenities for socializing and transport. Think Escape's Bay Area party bus rentals include free entry into selected exclusive nightclubs, professional hostess and chauffer, in-vehicle coolers stocked with amenities for a perfect night of partying.
Alcatraz Lunch Cruise
The Alcatraz Lunch Cruise is a luxurious way to get to see some of San Francisco’s favorite sights. A gourmet lunch buffet features options like asiago Caesar salad, bay shrimp salad, roasted chicken, garlic-herb roasted new potatoes and more. While guests enjoy lunch, they can take in views of San Francisco Bay’s flora and fauna, Angel Island and Alcatraz, and a live narration explores the history of Alcatraz. Please note that this tour doesn’t stop on Alcatraz Island.
Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise
A relaxing way to explore the San Francisco Bay is with the Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise. A drink bar and snacks are available for travelers’ enjoyment as they travel under the Golden Gate Bridge, around Alcatraz Island and even past a colony of sea lions. This is a peaceful San Francisco cruise option for families, and children under 5 ride for free.
City Kayak, located on San Francisco's Embarcadero close to the San Francisco Giant's ATT Park, offers a great way to experience San Francisco from Bay level, a point of view and a unique experience you'll not soon forget.
Think Escape Casino Tour
San Francisco Bay Area
San Franciscans may be familiar with Think Escape's party buses that shuttle the late-night crowds to and from various city nightclubs, but the Cache Creek Casino Escape is a little-known gem among Bay Area destinations. With personal charter service on the luxurious Fantasy Limo Bus to Cache Creek Casino and Resort, the Cache Creek Casino Escape tour is a smart choice for San Franciscans looking for a little gaming fun or planning a large group activity