Raw Material Requirements (Health Canada/USP/EP) in a cGMP Environment - Issues and Solutions: 2-day In-person Seminar
Barry A. Friedman, Ph.D, Consultant in Biotechnology, Regulatory Compliance and Aseptic Processing Arena
San Francisco, CA
Thursday, June 11, 2015 | Friday, June 12, 2015
San Francisco, CA
Thursday, October 1, 2015 | Friday, October 2, 2015
Raw material requirements in a cGMP environment are often overlooked as a company develops new products. Depending on the product being developed, e.g., tablets and capsules vs. biotechnology products, as few as fifteen to twenty or as many as sixty raw materials need to be sourced before the process can be moved from initiation through completion.
This highly interactive two day seminar on raw material requirements in a cGMP environment will:
- Consider Health Canada, FDA, USP and EP requirements.
- Examine a variety of the issues surrounding raw materials to include what materials should be tested and to what extent during Phase 1, 2, 3 and commercial production.
- Cover testing requirements during each phase and what may be optional (regulatory risk) until the product moves to its next phase.
- Determine what options exist - even within a Phase 2 or Phase 3 testing framework.
- Discuss compendial vs. non-compendial testing and how to respond when no method is available.
- Discuss how a 90 percent vs. a 90.0 percent minimum purity analysis can delay initiation of testing.
- Explore the number of lots required for testing before reduced testing might occur and why some companies don't accept this route.
- Review the use of individual samples vs. composite samples for testing.
- Explore ASQ testing to include how to choose attributes and sample size.
The objective of this two day seminar is to explore raw materials and their requirements – issues and solutions. It will also explore how water impacts the final product since water is the single largest raw material that is used within most processes. Another objective is to assure that your organization is maintaining itself within a cGMP compliance framework. Case studies to include Warning Letters will be discussed to illustrate regulatory raw material issues.
Upon completing this course on raw material requirements in a cGMP environment participants will:
- Understand how various types of raw materials may impact the user.
- Learn of the impact of raw materials in the timely production of a product.
- Determine the single most used raw material in large molecule production and what it means to the user.
- Find the sources of analyses assistance for raw materials.
- Appreciate the requirements for Phase 1 through commercial manufacturing.
- Initiation of additional testing -- when?
- Examination of regulatory risk (ICH Q9).
- Why use compendial testing in lieu non-compendial testing.
- Testing requirements -- when is enough?
- The impact of ASQ on sample size and attribute testing.
Who Will Benefit:
- Quality professionals
- Regulatory professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Manufacturing engineers
- Quality engineers
- Quality auditors
- Quality Control
- Document control specialists
- R & D
|Day One (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
||Day Two (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
Registration Process: 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM
Session Start Time: 9:00 AM
- The various raw materials and the user impact
- Impact of raw materials in the timely production of a product
- The impact of the single most used raw material in large molecule production and its impact upon the user
- The regulatory requirements for Phase 1 through commercial manufacturing
- The use of additional testing – does one only review the C of A
- The use of compendial testing in lieu of non-compendial testing – pros and cons
- Regulatory risk (ICH Q9) with raw materials
- Testing requirements – how to sample
- Testing requirements – how to test
- The impact of ASQ on sample size and attribute testing
- Case Studies – Time to apply the previous two days
- Warning Letter examples
Meet Your Instructor
||Barry A. Friedman, Ph.D
Consultant in Biotechnology, Regulatory Compliance and Aseptic Processing Arena
Barry A. Friedman, PhD, is a Consultant in the Biotechnology, Regulatory Compliance and Aseptic Processing Arena. Dr. Friedman possesses over 30 years of industrial managerial experience in various aspects of biopharmaceuticals and medical devices to include regulatory compliance, expert witness testimony, GLP/GMP, quality control, auditing, sterility assurance, microbiological/analytical validations and fermentation technology.
Prior to becoming an independent consultant, Dr. Friedman was associated with Cambrex Bio Sciences, a contract manufacturer of GMP bulk biopharmaceuticals located in Baltimore, Maryland. As the Director of Quality Control, he managed a multi-shift Department of thirty one individuals involved in client management, the receipt and testing of raw materials, environmental monitoring and microbiology, analytical chemistry and QC compliance for the production of Phase 1, 2, 3 and commercial products manufactured from bacteria, yeast and mammalian cells. In this capacity, Dr Friedman enjoyed many client and regulatory interactions, both domestic and international.
Prior to 2000, Dr. Friedman was the Laboratory Director for Chesapeake Biological Laboratories, a contract Aseptic Fill n’ Finish manufacturer located in Baltimore, Maryland. In addition to the professional history listed above, other associations have included W.R. Grace, Sigma Chemical Co., Sherwood Medical, Becton Dickinson, American Cyanamid and Union Carbide.
Dr. Friedman received his B.S. degree in Microbiology from Ohio State University, his M.S. from Michigan State University in Microbial Genetics, and his PhD from Ohio State University in Microbiology.
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "Raw Material Requirements (Health Canada/USP/EP) in a cGMP Environment - Issues and Solutions: 2-day In-person Seminar".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2600 E. Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to Register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ email@example.com
Payment is required 2 days before the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company).
Cancellations and substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $200 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days before the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($200) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite, payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available, we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee, an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant 5 working days before the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference, you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to ComplianceOnline using these photos and videos for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline from any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
San Francisco, CA(Venue to be announced shortly)
June 11-12, 2015
San Francisco, CA(Venue to be announced shortly)
October 1-2, 2015
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner To Do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the media partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the magazine and/or website.
- Dedicated email blast to media partner’s subscribers.
- Article on the magazine and/or website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Ben Hobbs: email@example.com
call us: (650) 620-2941
Think Escape Party Bus
San Francisco Bay Area
Board a luxurious Think Escape party bus or limo and be whisked away to San Francisco's hottest nightclubs where VIP treatment brings all party bus guests to the front of the line. Planning the perfect night on the town is easy with Think Escape's fleet of luxury buses and extended vehicles, each with different amenities for socializing and transport. Think Escape's Bay Area party bus rentals include free entry into selected exclusive nightclubs, professional hostess and chauffer, in-vehicle coolers stocked with amenities for a perfect night of partying.
Alcatraz Lunch Cruise
The Alcatraz Lunch Cruise is a luxurious way to get to see some of San Francisco’s favorite sights. A gourmet lunch buffet features options like asiago Caesar salad, bay shrimp salad, roasted chicken, garlic-herb roasted new potatoes and more. While guests enjoy lunch, they can take in views of San Francisco Bay’s flora and fauna, Angel Island and Alcatraz, and a live narration explores the history of Alcatraz. Please note that this tour doesn’t stop on Alcatraz Island.
Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise
A relaxing way to explore the San Francisco Bay is with the Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise. A drink bar and snacks are available for travelers’ enjoyment as they travel under the Golden Gate Bridge, around Alcatraz Island and even past a colony of sea lions. This is a peaceful San Francisco cruise option for families, and children under 5 ride for free.
City Kayak, located on San Francisco's Embarcadero close to the San Francisco Giant's ATT Park, offers a great way to experience San Francisco from Bay level, a point of view and a unique experience you'll not soon forget.
Think Escape Casino Tour
San Francisco Bay Area
San Franciscans may be familiar with Think Escape's party buses that shuttle the late-night crowds to and from various city nightclubs, but the Cache Creek Casino Escape is a little-known gem among Bay Area destinations. With personal charter service on the luxurious Fantasy Limo Bus to Cache Creek Casino and Resort, the Cache Creek Casino Escape tour is a smart choice for San Franciscans looking for a little gaming fun or planning a large group activity