Read Frequently Asked Questions
Social Media: Using The Legal Guideposts to Create Social Media Success (for Healthcare/Lifescience Companies)
This social media compliance training for healthcare companies will cover the legal and regulatory requirements governing the use of social media. A scenario-based learning approach will be used to show how to create a successful social media team by selecting members from relevant stakeholders, and prepare social medial policies and procedures.
Why Should You Attend:
We will learn how to create a successful social media initiative through a hypothetical framework as described below:
You have been given the task of putting together the social media campaign for a rapidly growing multinational biotech company. Compliance is worried about FDA and FTC restrictions. The General Counsel, the CFO and the CEO, having seen their kids on Face book, worry that trade secrets and other proprietary information, and legally protected information about patients will leave the company at cyber-speed. The employees have heard that you will be monitoring their Internet use to make sure they comply with policies that won’t let them even check their email while at work, and are very unhappy at what they perceive as an unwarranted invasion of their privacy. Finally, your European counterparts are emailing daily about privacy restrictions in putting patient stories on the new site.
What do you do? Bring all of them aboard! In this workshop, we will discuss how to gain an understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements governing social media to turn doubters into allies and skeptics into enthusiasts by making them part of the initiative, letting their interests be heard so they “own” the social media campaign, and ultimately how to turn the guardrails into road signs and route markers toward success.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- The regulatory and legal (including international) guidelines for social media campaigns, and how to turn them into advantages.
- How to gain a clear perspective on your organization’s interest in social media contacts, and the evolving area of law and regulation on ownership of social medial contact lists.
- Preparation of a blueprint to establish clear lines of internal communications with your pertinent stakeholders and easy-to-follow policies and procedures with metrics for compliance.
- How the team will prepare practicable, user-friendly social media policies and procedures.
- A plan to recruit champions for the social media campaign.
Who will Benefit:
- Compliance and Risk Counsel and Staff
- Privacy Counsel and Staff
- Marketing Personnel (Hospitals, Pharma and Biotech companies)
- IT Staff
- Corporate Law Department Paralegals
- Attorneys Providing Counsel on Privacy and Data Security
- Social Media Department Personnel
- Regulatory Affairs
- Top Management
- Compliance and Risk Counsel and Staff
Kenneth N. Rashbaum, a litigator, trial lawyer and counselor, advises multinational corporations on data protection and privacy laws and regulations in Europe, Asia, Canada, and South America. A nationally known expert on data privacy, he counsels U.S. health care providers, pharmaceutical and biotech corporations, software developers and e-commerce entities on compliance with federal, state and judicial standards governing protected health information preservation, use and disclosure. He has advised numerous life sciences entitities on social media protocols and has written and spoken on the subject across the U.S. and Europe.
ComplianceOnline would process/provide refund if the Live Webinar has been cancelled. The attendee could choose between the recorded version of the webinar or refund for any cancelled webinar. Refunds will not be given to participants who do not show up for the webinar. On-Demand Recordings can be requested in exchange.
Webinar may be cancelled due to lack of enrolment or unavoidable factors. Registrants will be notified 24hours in advance if a cancellation occurs. Substitutions can happen any time.
If you have any concern about the content of the webinar and not satisfied please contact us at below email or by call mentioning your feedback for resolution of the matter.
We respect feedback/opinions of our customers which enables us to improve our products and services. To contact us please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-888-717-2436(Toll Free).
This training hasn't been reviewed yet.