Taxing and Reporting Fringe Benefits: Staying Compliant to Prevent Problems
Product ID: 701791
- Duration: 90 Min
This fringe benefit related webinar focuses on regulations and compliance requirements for taxation and reporting of Fringe Benefits. Highlights also include payroll’s responsibilities for proper record keeping and record retention.
Why Should You Attend:
Fringe Benefits are important component for recruiting and keeping high quality employees. But offering those benefits may also bring complex situations regarding taxation and compliance. Employers that don’t know...or think they know...how to properly tax and report fringe benefits often bring serious financial consequences upon themselves and their companies.
All fringe benefits must be handled correctly. And by being correct, you minimize the chance for penalties and interest to be levied against your company or for triggering larger and more intrusive governmental audits. This 90 minutes webinar will discuss the regulations and compliance requirements for Substantiation, recordkeeping, taxation and reporting of fringe benefits.
- Find out what is and is not taxable.
- Learn to avoid reporting mistakes.
- Learn the essential facts regarding compliance with common and uncommon fringe benefits.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- How to handle qualified and nonqualified deferred compensation.
- Dealing with cafeteria plans.
- Handling Auto Allowances.
- Withholding, depositing, and reporting taxable non-cash fringe benefits.
- Taxation and Reporting of Relocation or moving expenses.
- Educational assistance taxation and reporting.
- How to calculate and tax excess group term life insurance.
- Exclusion limits on qualified transportation fringe benefits.
- Substantiation, recordkeeping, taxation and reporting requirements for the personal use of company car.
Who Will Benefit:
- Payroll professionals
- Human resources
- Accounting personnel
- Business owners
- Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and technicalities of the payroll process
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP is president and academic director of The Payroll Advisor™ a firm specialized in the training of payroll professionals. With over 30 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States that have been attended by executives and professionals from some of the most prestigious firms in business today.
Ms. Lambert has lectured extensively on payroll administration and compliance issues for clients that have included Automatic Data Processing, CCH Incorporated, Ceridian Employer Services, and The Employer Group. Ms. Lambert has also served as a consultant and in-house trainer for businesses such as Sun Microsystems, Paychex, Fox Studios, Disney, County of Riverside, and City of Hesperia.
Ms. Lambert conceived of, created the teaching and student manual, and coordinated the program for the certificate in Payroll Practice and Management that has been offered on site through the Extended Education Offices of Chapman University, California State University Long Beach; National University; and California State University, Northridge. Through Ms. Lambert’s innovation, the Payroll Practice and Management Online Program is now being offered at Pierce College in WA, Chapman University in CA, Aims Community College in CO, Rock Valley Community College in IL, Bucks County Community College in PA, and in over 400 other colleges and universities nationwide through Cengage Learning/Gatlin Education Services.
Ms. Lambert currently produces and presents audio seminars and webcasts for clients and business groups throughout the country.