Understanding the Statistical Considerations for Quantitative ICH Guidelines: 2-Day Hands-on Workshop
Dr. Al Bartolucci, Emeritus Professor of Biostatistics, University of Alabama
San Francisco, CA
| Thursday, December 8, 2016 | Friday, December 9, 2016
This course is designed to introduce to individuals the understanding and interpretation of the statistical concepts with reference to certain quantitative ICH Guidelines that apply across laboratory (drug development) and clinical development (drug/device) procedures such as analytical methods in validation and acceptance criteria in calibration procedures, risk management and process monitoring as well as dealing with uncertainties and other relevant issues. It is not a course in statistics but introduces the participant to a hands on approach to the statistical techniques one uses, how they are applied and reasonably interpreted and understood. One will address the various challenges facing pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies when it comes to quantifying results in a meaningful interpretable manner through tabulations and graphical presentations.
In this two day workshop seminar one will learn the different regulatory agencies expectations of the quantification and development of a sound statistical monitoring of process control that are accepted, effective, and efficient. Participants will become familiar with the important aspects of the statistical methods and learn how organizations are expected to apply these guidelines.
Upon completing this course participants should be able to:
- Evaluate linear and other quantitative measurement procedures.
- Distinguish the difference between confidence and tolerance intervals.
- Evaluate the sensitivity of the sample size in given procedures.
- Evaluate laboratory/clinical data results based on risk management and design space issues.
- Interpret alternative approaches to statistical process control in reference to data distributional formats.
- Discuss relevant FDA requirements and ICH guidelines.
Who will Benefit:
This course is designed for people responsible for developing, maintaining and/or improving clinical and laboratory monitoring programs and interpreting the results from such. This includes individuals that have data monitoring responsibilities. The following personnel will benefit from the course:
- Quality Managers
- Quality Professionals
- Assay Development Scientists
- Research Scientists
- Clinical/Laboratory Data Analysts
- Laboratory Data Managers
Seminar Fee Includes:
USB with seminar presentation
Hard copy of presentation
$100 Gift Cert for next seminar
|Day 1 (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
||Day 2 (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
- 8:30 – 9:00 AM: Registration
- 9:00 AM: Session Start Time
- Course Motivation and Overview of ICH Methodology
(Including Q2A, Q2B, Q8 and Q9)
- Introduction to the simple regression model
Outlier strategies using the linear model in calibration methods
- Interpreting the role of the slope and intercept in validation/risk procedures
- Prediction and Residual analysis
Confidence and tolerance bounds on risk models
- Imputation techniques (parametric and Non parametric) for missing data
- Strategies for non normal data
- Consequences of outlier data elimination/substitution
- Updated extreme variance detection strategies
- Sample size and analysis issues
- Parametric and non parametric (non normal data) procedures
- Discussion of risk management in general
Introduction to validation of models in hazard assessment and risk management
- Risk Management in pre-analytical phase of laboratory testing
- Traditional risk management strategies in laboratory and clinical settings
- Discussion of the design space in design/analysis of experiments
- Response surface and system suitability tests
- Predictive models in risk assessment
Alternatives to statistical process control and capability
- Bivariate models and confusion matrices and derived statistics
- ROC plots
- Normal and non normal data procedures
- Simple single variable evolutionary operations procedures
- Introductory multivariable charting procedures
Meet Your Instructor
||Dr. Al Bartolucci
Emeritus Professor of Biostatistics, University of Alabama
Dr. Al Bartolucci is Emeritus Professor of Biostatistics at the University of Alabama where he also serves as a Senior Scientist at the Center for Metabolic Bone Diseases, AIDS Research Center and Cancer Center.
He previously served as Chairman of the Department from 1984 through 1997. He has also taught Statistical Software courses involving Data Exploration, ANOVA/Regression and Design of Experiments. His teaching experience includes areas such as, Clinical Trials, Survival Analysis, Multivariate Analysis, Regression Techniques and Environmental/Industrial Hygiene Sampling and Analysis, Bayesian Statistics, and Longitudinal Data Analysis.
Dr. Bartolucci received his PhD in Statistics from the State University of New York at Buffalo and his MA in Mathematics from Catholic University, Washington DC, and his BA in Mathematics from Holy Cross.
He is widely published with over 300 publications and some of his recent works include:
- Bartolucci, Al: Bayesian modeling of pharmaceutical data addressing the average effect of bivariate parameters of interest in a bioequivalence framework, page 166, December 2011, Journal of International Modeling and Simulation, Vol
- Bartolucci, Al: An application of EM algorithm in prostate carcinoma data, page 525, Epidemiology, Health and Medical Research
- Bartolucci, Al: Meta-analysis of multiple primary prevention trials of cardiovascular events using aspirin, page, American Journal of Cardiology
Register by P.O. / Check
Yes, I want to attend "Understanding the Statistical Considerations for Quantitative ICH Guidelines: 2-Day Hands-on Workshop".
Click here to download P.O. form
If you are paying by check:
Checks should be payable to MetricStream Inc. (our parent company) and mailed to:
2479 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Send your team for maximum benefit.
Get your team up to speed!
Significant tuition discounts are available for teams of two or more from the same company. You must register at the same time and provide a single payment to take advantage of the discount.
||Get 10% off
|3 to 6 Attendees
||Get 20% off
|7 to 10 Attendees
||Get 25% off
||Get 30% off
Call toll free on +1-888-717-2436 if you have any queries.
Register by Wire Transfer
If you wish to pay by wire transfer, please call us toll free on +1-888-717-2436
Terms & Conditions to register for the Seminar/Conference/Event
Your Registration for the seminar is subject to following terms and conditions. If you need any clarification before registering for this seminar please call us @ +1-888-717-2436 or email us @ email@example.com
Payment is required before 2 days of the date of the conference. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. Make checks payable to MetricStream Inc. ( our parent company)
Cancellations and Substitutions:
Written cancellations through fax or email (from the person who has registered for this conference) received at least 10 calendar days prior to the start date of the event will receive a refund — less a $300 administration fee. No cancellations will be accepted — nor refunds issued — within 10 calendar days from the start date of the event.
On request by email or fax (before the seminar) a credit for the amount paid minus administration fees ($300) will be transferred to any future ComplianceOnline event and a credit note will be issued.
Substitutions may be made at any time. No-shows will be charged the full amount.
We discourage onsite registrations, however if you wish to register onsite payment to happen through credit card immediately or check to be submitted onsite. Conference material will be given on the spot if it is available after distributing to other attendees. In case it is not available we will send the material after the conference is over.
In the event ComplianceOnline cancels the seminar, ComplianceOnline is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, other costs or losses incurred by registrants. Some topics and speakers may be subject to change without notice.
Attendance confirmation and Documents to carry to the seminar venue:
After we receive the payment from the registered attendee an electronic event pass will be sent to the email address associated with the registrant before 5 working days from the seminar date. Please bring the pass to the venue of the event.
Conference photograph / video:
By registering and attending ComplianceOnline conference you agree to have your photographs or videos taken at the conference venue and you do not have any objections to use these photos and videos by ComplianceOnline for marketing, archiving or any other conference related activities. You agree to release ComplianceOnline for any kind of claims arising out of copyright or privacy violations.
San Francisco, CA (Venue to be announced shortly)
December 8-9, 2016
If you wish to partner with us for this event
contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
call us: +1-888-717-2436.
Media Partner Benefits
- Logo and company data on the event website.
- Logo on the conference material distributed during the conference.
- Media partner’s brochure distributed along with conference material.
- Logo on all the mailings before and after the event.
- 10% discount to media partner's subscribers.
Media Partner To Do
- Banner (min 728x90 or 468x60) on the media partner website.
- Insertion of the event in the event calendar, both printed and/or online.
- Announcement article of the conference on the magazine and/or website.
- Dedicated email blast to media partner’s subscribers.
- Article on the magazine and/or website after the conference.
If you wish to sponsor this event
contact Cruise Webster: email@example.com
call us: (207) 576-4173
Think Escape Party Bus
San Francisco Bay Area
Board a luxurious Think Escape party bus or limo and be whisked away to San Francisco's hottest nightclubs where VIP treatment brings all party bus guests to the front of the line. Planning the perfect night on the town is easy with Think Escape's fleet of luxury buses and extended vehicles, each with different amenities for socializing and transport. Think Escape's Bay Area party bus rentals include free entry into selected exclusive nightclubs, professional hostess and chauffer, in-vehicle coolers stocked with amenities for a perfect night of partying.
Alcatraz Lunch Cruise
The Alcatraz Lunch Cruise is a luxurious way to get to see some of San Francisco’s favorite sights. A gourmet lunch buffet features options like asiago Caesar salad, bay shrimp salad, roasted chicken, garlic-herb roasted new potatoes and more. While guests enjoy lunch, they can take in views of San Francisco Bay’s flora and fauna, Angel Island and Alcatraz, and a live narration explores the history of Alcatraz. Please note that this tour doesn’t stop on Alcatraz Island.
Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise
A relaxing way to explore the San Francisco Bay is with the Luxury Catamaran Sailing Cruise. A drink bar and snacks are available for travelers’ enjoyment as they travel under the Golden Gate Bridge, around Alcatraz Island and even past a colony of sea lions. This is a peaceful San Francisco cruise option for families, and children under 5 ride for free.
City Kayak, located on San Francisco's Embarcadero close to the San Francisco Giant's ATT Park, offers a great way to experience San Francisco from Bay level, a point of view and a unique experience you'll not soon forget.
Think Escape Casino Tour
San Francisco Bay Area
San Franciscans may be familiar with Think Escape's party buses that shuttle the late-night crowds to and from various city nightclubs, but the Cache Creek Casino Escape is a little-known gem among Bay Area destinations. With personal charter service on the luxurious Fantasy Limo Bus to Cache Creek Casino and Resort, the Cache Creek Casino Escape tour is a smart choice for San Franciscans looking for a little gaming fun or planning a large group activity