Read Frequently Asked Questions
Importing into the United States in Compliance with U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP)
This U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) compliance training will help you understand best practices when importing products into the U.S.
Why Should You Attend:
If you import merchandise into the U.S., you may not realize, but, you are the responsible party! In this presentation, we will discuss how to comply with U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) vast laws and regulations. By the end of the webinar you will know and understand the importance of tariff classification, customs valuation, country of origin marking, intellectual property rights and free trade agreements. You will also learn basic customs concepts and terms like CBP Form 3461 & CBP 7501, Protests, Seizure cases, Liquidated damage claims, Penalties/Fines, Prior disclosure, and FP&F Petition Process.
Learn key best practices and hear real life case studies. Learn what to do, and more importantly, what NOT to do, and what the consequences are for non compliance. The speaker will also share with you the Top 10 Tips When Importing to Ensure Compliance.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Importance of CBP Rulings for Classification, Valuation and Country of Origin
- Cost Savings practices like utilizing Free Trade Agreements
- Importance of protecting Intellectual Property Rights
- Basic customs concepts and terms
- What to do if you encounter a CBP detention and/or seizure case
- Learn when to submit a Prior Disclosure to CBP
- Top 10 Tips When Importing to Ensure Compliance
Who will Benefit:
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all Importers, Customs Brokers, and all trade professionals.
Jennifer Diaz, is a Board Certified International Attorney who is considered an “expert” in international law by the Florida Bar. She joins an elite group of Board Certified International attorneys in Florida and is among the youngest attorneys to accomplish this feat. She leads the Firm's Customs and International Trade practice assisting clients with issues relating to the import and export of merchandise to and from the United States.
She has experience working with Federal agencies including the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) on issues relating to proper FDA labeling to registration requirements and entry procedures for cosmetic, over the counter drug, dietary supplements and medical device products; FDA voluntary recalls; classification of goods; antidumping matters; scope ruling requests; seizures, forfeitures, and mitigation of fines and penalties; Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT); trademark recordation and infringement. Jennifer has also successfully drafted Protests, Prior Disclosures, CBP Binding Ruling Requests, Freedom of Information Act Requests, and responses to CBP's Request for Information (CF 28) and Notices of Action (CF 29).
Jennifer’s expertise is in
- Successfully represented various importers in obtaining the release of cargo that was either detained or seized by CBP.
- Successfully assisted importers in cancelling, or substantially mitigating either liquidated damages or penalties from CBP.
- Negotiated successful settlement agreements with various other federal government agencies such as EPA and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for the release of seized cargo.
- Substantially mitigated penalties assessed from the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) for alleged violations of Cuban Embargo.
- Successfully represented alcohol and tobacco importers in obtaining importer permits with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB).
ComplianceOnline would process/provide refund if the Live Webinar has been cancelled. The attendee could choose between the recorded version of the webinar or refund for any cancelled webinar. Refunds will not be given to participants who do not show up for the webinar. On-Demand Recordings can be requested in exchange.
Webinar may be cancelled due to lack of enrolment or unavoidable factors. Registrants will be notified 24hours in advance if a cancellation occurs. Substitutions can happen any time.
If you have any concern about the content of the webinar and not satisfied please contact us at below email or by call mentioning your feedback for resolution of the matter.
We respect feedback/opinions of our customers which enables us to improve our products and services. To contact us please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-650-620-3937.
This training hasn't been reviewed yet.
A Beginners Guide to Importing Medical Devices