Read Frequently Asked Questions
Using Electronic and Digital Signatures in Regulated Environments
This webinar will familiarize you with FDA requirements for electronic and digital signatures, and the agency's inspection and enforcement practices. Particpants will recieve complimentary hand-outs for easy implementation.
Why Should You Attend:
FDA Part 11 and other regulations such EU GMP Annex 11 allow to sign electronic records with electronic and digital signatures. Benefits for regulated user firms are increased overall efficiency and reduced costs for handling and storing paper records. While nearly all Part 11 related papers and seminars deal with requirements of electronic records there is hardly any information about electronic and digital signatures. Therefore most companies are unsure about electronic signatures such that they print out copies of electronic records and sign the paper.
In this seminar attendees will become familiar with FDA requirements for electronic and digital signatures.
For easy implementation, attendees will receive
- 2 SOPs
- Using Electronic Signatures in FDA Regulated Environments.
- Access Control to Computer Systems and Data.
- Checklist: Using Electronic Signatures in Regulated Environments.
- Example: Requirement Specifications for Electronic Signatures.
- Tutorial: Getting and using Digital Signatures for E-mails.
Areas covered in this webinar:
- Definitions of electronic vs. digital signatures.
- Benefits of electronic signatures.
- Examples of using e-signatures day-by-day.
- Part 11 requirements for electronic signatures?
- European and international requirements.
- Applications and requirements of digital signatures.
- Inspection and enforcement practices.
- Specific software requirements for electronic signatures.
- How to document the meaning of the signature.
- Using digital pens for electronic signatures.
- Validation of electronic signature software.
- Certification of electronic signatures for the FDA.
- FDA compliant training of accountability for e-signatures.
- Using electronic signatures in Excel.
Who Will Benefit:
Pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, clinical contract reasearch organizations, contract laboratories and API manufacturers will benefit.
- Everybody using computers in FDA regulated environment
- Part 11 groups in Bio(pharmaceutical) and device industry
- System owners
- Software developers
- IT managers and system administrators
- QA managers and personnel
- Analysts and lab managers
- Training departments
- Documentation department
- Regulatory affairs
Ludwig Huber , Ph.D., is Director of Labcompliance and Chief Advisor for global FDA compliance for Agilent Technologies. He is the editor of www.labcompliance.com, the global on-line resource for validation and compliance issues for laboratories. He is the author of the books “Validation and Qualification in Analytical Laboratories, and "Validation of Computerized Analytical and Networked Systems", Informa Healthcare.
ComplianceOnline would process/provide refund if the Live Webinar has been cancelled. The attendee could choose between the recorded version of the webinar or refund for any cancelled webinar. Refunds will not be given to participants who do not show up for the webinar. On-Demand Recordings can be requested in exchange.
Webinar may be cancelled due to lack of enrolment or unavoidable factors. Registrants will be notified 24hours in advance if a cancellation occurs. Substitutions can happen any time.
If you have any concern about the content of the webinar and not satisfied please contact us at below email or by call mentioning your feedback for resolution of the matter.
We respect feedback/opinions of our customers which enables us to improve our products and services. To contact us please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-650-620-3937.
This training hasn't been reviewed yet.
Dr. Ludwig Huber
Understanding and Implementing USP <1058>: Analytical Instrument Qualification Change Control for Computer Systems - strategies and tools for FDA compliance Master Planning for Computer System Validation Managing Failure Investigations and OOS Situations - Regulatory Requirements and Strategies for Implementation